LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

35 here in Canandaigua . Hope to hunt move a stand , lunch back on stand .

Honestly it was hard getting up , the desire to hunt is waning oh well . Next week looks very good but I’m not going to hunt all day or everyday .

Suppose I should head in soon 

• Like 3

Up and in pretty foggy here in 7f this morning.  Used some hot doe scent 1st time this year so we will see if that helps draw one in and stops them for shot opportunities.  Good hunting to all those out today it looks like a beautiful start to the day. 

• Like 1

I’ve saw 6 deer by 7:30! WOW! That’s huge for me, considering I’ve only seen 2 in my previous 8 hunts! The 3 single does were running, so I assume being harassed by bucks. I actually got to lay eyes on the piebald too! No interest in shooting him, but grunted to him for a photo op and had him come to 30 yards. Before he came closer, he ran into a doe and wandered off with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Good luck to those hunting this morning. Seems perfect. I had a cell cam pic at 730am of a running doe in 3N and only 39 degrees. Coldest day of the season for sure. I may try to get out this afternoon. Would likely have to be stateland closeby since I would be tight on time against sunset. And then I got a great NE wind tomorrow to hopefully get @suburbanfarmer some POINTS/INCHES

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Terrible fog rolled in out of no where!! Completely clear until 8:00, but by 8:30 would be lucky to see a deer pass by 30 yards away! Weird!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your fog just reached me ! When you posted I had sunshine all around , now fog is moving through .

0154ADC6-AECE-4BA2-A987-D5557A51FC4F.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

you're on fire

Some of the does are coming into heat.   It changed improved in last week or so

nothing I did I just benefit from good herd of girls whose patterns drag the bux past occasionally 

• Like 2