Reminder - License and DMP's avail today, just did my DMP and got squat :)

burmjohn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went out and got mine, one DMP for 3j, and not one for 4j..2nd year in a row.

I got a chuckle out of the trip, the guy in front of me got his for 8y, the girl asked what his econd choice was and he said 4s....obviously he didn't look at the chart before hand. There are none for 4s unless you are a landowner or disabled vet and there is zero chance for a 2nd choice. When I told him that he looked at me like I had two heads. Ofcourse he was cross eyed.....lol

Being a land owner with over 50 acres , this is the second year in a row that i gotten turn down for a doe permit , the guy right after me with no land owner status gets one for the same DMU , something fishy with our system !! >:(

I decided to call the DEC office to ask why being a landowner with over 50 acres I gotten turn down foe a doe permit , she did some reach where I gotten my licence and found out the clerk at the town hall never put in my tax ID number , this happen two years in a row , DEC is mailing a permit to me ...

Tried to get a tag for unit 4P but NO luck this year.  Had one the last 2 years, but looks like my luck ran out.  I guess I will be hunting during muzzleloader season for that doe.  Don't exactly love the idea of having to hunt that late in the year, but it looks like that will be my only option. Skipped ML season last year altogether since I had gotten a buck and doe during the regular season.

Last year I was behind a guy and he ripped off hiw two dmp locations and he got denied for both.  He didn't even know they wern't giving any out in those area's.  The guy behind the counter just punched them in and he got denied.  Then he looked at the sheet saying where you could get them and was like that was stupid.  The guy said he couldn't go back and reput in new choices.  I would think you would look at the sheet before you choose you areas. ;)