Any bets how the Floyd trial ends

luberhill

Murder 3
And I think he is getting a fair trial . A lot more fair than the one he gave Floyd .
This cop messed up big time . He knew Floyd was dead but stayed on him for 4 more minutes... why ? Just to make sure

I think he isn’t, with the pressured narrative by the media the fact that they’ve showed the jury’s face is enough to sway their decision. FACTS, as you like to say.

“The cops messed up big time.” You literally can’t mess up and commit murder, thanks for proving my point.

Have a good day I’m heading gun shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DirtTime said:

It's still not in the right area, because people aren't smart enough to post political crap where it belongs. It also doesn't matter where it's posted, when you log in and look at new or recent activity this is the crap that shows up first. Get a friggin clue!

Screenshot_20210417-082016_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Ouch. That's a long read for 7:30 in the morning.

While I strongly disagree with some of the opinions here, I respect others' rights to offer them. More and more, I think that I'd rather know clearly where somebody stands than listen to them say one thing but live another. I suspect everybody gets what I'm talking about. 

And to directly address the comment regarding blood oxygen saturation being 98% - to my understanding, this was measured in the emergency room following artificial ventilation.  As regards carbon monoxide levels - CO binds irreversibly to hemoglobin. Any CO in the bloodstream would have prevented a return to normal O2 saturation levels even upon ventilation (which was the essence of Tobin's rebuttal testimony).

So yes, 98% is "normal", but in this case it simply suggests that the hemoglobin was functional and capable of binding O2, it doesn't say what the saturation levels were during the event. However, since a ventilator was deemed to be required, the patient was certainly hypoxic. This says nothing about the cause however, and that's the crux of the argument.

I had been wondering where they took that measurement and the extend to which a heart attack would deplete oxygen saturation. For instance, if blood isn’t circulating, distal blood would soon deoxygenate.  I don’t imagine this would result in a large global drop in O2 sat. But then again, if pulseox is taken at the finger tip, the arterioles/capillaries there would likely O2 deplete quickly.

I recall CO binding to hemoglobin with a higher affinity than O2. How high must the relative affinity be for one to be considered irreversible?

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I had been wondering where they took that measurement and the extend to which a heart attack would deplete oxygen saturation. For instance, if blood isn’t circulating, distal blood would soon deoxygenate.  I don’t imagine this would result in a large global drop in O2 sat. But then again, if pulseox is taken at the finger tip, the arterioles/capillaries there would likely O2 deplete quickly.

I recall CO binding to hemoglobin with a higher affinity than O2. How high must the relative affinity be for one to be considered irreversible?

Cause of death, fatal arrhythmia , which is the cause of death of everyone !

This was caused by compression and body position according to the autopsy Dr.

My guess , murder 3 if the judge doesn’t declare a mistrial which he has already threatened 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Screenshot_20210417-082016_Samsung Internet.jpg

Gee, thank you for the clarification, I would have never figured that out on my own. I guess 'cause it's in the general area its OK to mask racism and push political agendas. After all, isn't EVERYTHING inherently classified as 'general'?

Again, thank you. Without people like you posting definitions the world might stop turning. You get one blue star.

6 hours ago, luberhill said:

Cause of death, fatal arrhythmia , which is the cause of death of everyone !

This was caused by compression and body position according to the autopsy Dr.

My guess , murder 3 if the judge doesn’t declare a mistrial which he has already threatened 

I was fishing for a refresher on kinetics by knerhke...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

This is my bad, sorry. Irreversible is not the appropriate term. For practical purposes, the half-life of 4-5 hours means that most of the CO from a short exposure would remain bound when they take blood O2, even following ventilation. In point of fact, I just reviewed a paper on succinate prodrug use to combat CO poisoning. Hyperbaric therapy is really the only solution for short term treatment as of now. Of course, this means that O2 can promote CO release, so it's not irreversible (like something that's covalently attached). 

Sorry to geek out. I was sloppy in my choice of descriptors. 

And please don't make me teach kinetics on a hunting forum!! Ain't nobody wants to read that lol...

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Gee, thank you for the clarification, I would have never figured that out on my own. I guess 'cause it's in the general area its OK to mask racism and push political agendas. After all, isn't EVERYTHING inherently classified as 'general'?

Again, thank you. Without people like you posting definitions the world might stop turning. You get one blue star.

A simple apology to the people you called out would suffice. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I am not trying to say anything, I am stating what actually happened and provided the transcript for people to read what actually happened. The transcripts are not mine or anyone’s opinion of what happened. Also, so people know the officer’s reasoning for removing him from the cruiser. You seem to have a strong opinion. Do you honestly think they removed him from the cruiser to kill him?  I know I probably do not understand what I have read, as you have stated before. But, the transcripts are pretty easy to read. Give the transcripts a good read before replying to my question. It’s alot better information than an opinion piece. 

On 4/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I am not trying to say anything, I am stating what actually happened and provided the transcript for people to read what actually happened. The transcripts are not mine or anyone’s opinion of what happened. Also, so people know the officer’s reasoning for removing him from the cruiser. You seem to have a strong opinion. Do you honestly think they removed him from the cruiser to kill him?  I know I probably do not understand what I have read, as you have stated before. But, the transcripts are pretty easy to read. Give the transcripts a good read before replying to my question. It’s alot better information than an opinion piece. 

9 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

No Doubt a Peaceful Protest (Riot , Looting , Burning ) will ensue no matter what the Verdict !

I have my route all planned out , the liquor store up the road has 9 bottles of Hendrix Lunar gin in stock ( limited release ) , so I’ll go there first . Then head east to Target and grab a PS5 and some LEGO’s oh and a new IPad .

Then over to Dicks ( I figure that’s ok since I’m not paying ) and grab a few pair of sweet  Nikes , maybe a new pair of Muck boots ,perhaps grab some beef jerky at the door on the way out ,oh maybe put it all in  yeti cooler ! Do they make ones with wheels ? 

Something to,think about , folks are talking about the Drs. Testimony, Drs kill over 250,000 people, a year through , “ medical mistakes “ ! Yikes hand full of cops dont follow policy a few die  and the country burns . A Dr kills someone , calls his attorney, goes home and plays golf . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I have my route all planned out , the liquor store up the road has 9 bottles of Hendrix Lunar gin in stock ( limited release ) , so I’ll go there first . Then head east to Target and grab a PS5 and some LEGO’s oh and a new IPad .

Then over to Dicks ( I figure that’s ok since I’m not paying ) and grab a few pair of sweet  Nikes , maybe a new pair of Muck boots ,perhaps grab some beef jerky at the door on the way out ,oh maybe put it all in  yeti cooler ! Do they make ones with wheels ? 

Something to,think about , folks are talking about the Drs. Testimony, Drs kill over 250,000 people, a year through , “ medical mistakes “ ! Yikes hand full of cops dont follow policy a few die  and the country burns . A Dr kills someone , calls his attorney, goes home and plays golf . 

Dang, all that's near me to loot is a gas station. They got some gluten free snack bars I'd have my eye on if things get crazy. 

Last time that place burned under mysterious circumstances,  it took 7 years to get permits and replace it. Hope they dont burn it down.

Edited by Dinsdale

I watch closing arguments today and the defense put up a pretty convincing display. And I say this because the attorney for Chauvin did show that the amount of pressure exerted on Mr Floyd's neck and "shoulder" was in fact controlled, and he only used enough force to keep GF restrained. I changed my opinion on this and believe Floyd's physical health, drug use and most of all his mental state were the contributing factors to his death. Still a tragic situation.