Afghanistan falls in a week, WTH?

3 hours ago, land 1 said:

well cant say i read the last 14 pages because i did not, but heres my concern since biden became president 10,000 of thousands people have slipped across border undetected, how many were terrosits  , because one thing that afganstaian has showed us in last week they have there s##t together and we do not next 9/11 is around the corner

It would have happened already but its just the gov has gotten so much better at spying on us that the last 50 100 attempts got stopped . But eventually one of them is going to figure out how to pull it off .   I bet you anything they spy on almost ever arab extremist in this country 24/7 with AI .  

6 hours ago, land 1 said:

well cant say i read the last 14 pages because i did not, but heres my concern since biden became president 10,000 of thousands people have slipped across border undetected, how many were terrosits  , because one thing that afganstaian has showed us in last week they have there s##t together and we do not next 9/11 is around the corner

Since Biden was elected over 1 million people have crossed our borders illegally.  Terrorists are surely among them.  And Biden has done that to allow illegals to come in and be given amnesty for votes.

Biden doesn't want to bring the people in Afghanistan here because they won't vote for leftist Democrats, especially since that's who just threw them to the wolves.

Don't forget Biden closed Gitmo and all of those terrorists are now back in the field itching to kill Americans.

Seems some of the posts here supporting Biden, not the one I'm quoting BTW, confuse the folks Biden is helping with the ones he's killing.

How was Trump's approach to Afghanistan withdrawal different from Biden's? Something Biden still obviously does not understand. Trump set specific goals that had to be met before different stages of the withdrawal occurred. Biden set a specific date for the withdrawal.

An explanation missing from almost all the news coverage.

Edited by Grouse

So two years ago Trump and Pompeo make a deal with terrorists to give them their country back. Millions of people living in Afghanistan, American or otherwise had to be aware of this. If you live in a country you are also aware of the general pulse of a nation and they had to have known to some degree that this mighty Afgan Army was going to cut and run and not fire a single shot. If your stuck in Afghanistan after all this I'm pretty sure you're your own worst enemy and at this point really shouldn't expect young Americans to go back in and save your skin at this point. Biden was right, this country isn't worth saving. How many more trillions of dollars and Americans blood needs to be pumped into that hell hole. And I still have my doubts about 15k Americans being there. I don't know of a single American citizen who would go to any middle eastern country let alone AFGHANISTAN

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

So two years ago Trump and Pompeo make a deal with terrorists to give them their country back. Millions of people living in Afghanistan, American or otherwise had to be aware of this. If you live in a country you are also aware of the general pulse of a nation and they had to have known to some degree that this mighty Afgan Army was going to cut and run and not fire a single shot. If your stuck in Afghanistan after all this I'm pretty sure you're your own worst enemy and at this point really shouldn't expect young Americans to go back in and save your skin at this point. Biden was right, this country isn't worth saving. How many more trillions of dollars and Americans blood needs to be pumped into that hell hole. And I still have my doubts about 15k Americans being there. I don't know of a single American citizen who would go to any middle eastern country let alone AFGHANISTAN

My best friend was going to the middle east when he was a sevice technician on steam turbines . Someone has to fix stuff.

38 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

My best friend was going to the middle east when he was a sevice technician on steam turbines . Someone has to fix stuff.

Yea there were many civilian techs, engineers, truck drives etc. They were subcontracted by our military and worked for private firms who profited nicely from US gov, taxpayer funded contacts. Who knows some heroin dealers too. I believe civilian contractor deaths were near US servicemen deaths in numbers. But again with what's transpired in the last couple years you take responsibility and GTH out. Can't rely on others to save your ass because you wanted to keep a high paying job in Afghanistan

Edited by Gobbler Chaser

Biden REALLY didnt think this one through , Im afraid.  Common sense dictates that when conducting a major withdrawal , the FIRST thing you do is get your people out, along with any Afghan foreigners whos lives are in danger cuz they helped the US govt. - then, equipment next and FINALLY, evac the troops.  Biden did it in reverse!!  Not too swift and plenty of people are going to suffer from this- except the Tali , of course!  I guess they should be thanking Biden for his assistance in their efforts, but sadly, theyre preoccupied at the moment committing atrocities against fleeing Aghan civilians, Americans trapped in Kabul , and counting all the American weapons and planes left behind for them to enjoy!!

Edited by Northcountryman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Biden REALLY didnt think this one through , Im afraid.  Common sense dictates that when conducting a major withdrawal , the FIRST thing you do is get your people out, along with any Afghan foreigners whos lives are in danger cuz they helped the US govt. - then, equipment next and FINALLY, evac the troops.  Biden did it in reverse!!  Not too swift and plenty of people are going to suffer from this- except the Tali , of course!  I guess they should be thanking Biden for his assistance in their efforts, but sadly, theyre preoccupied at the moment committing atrocities against fleeing Aghan civilians, Americans trapped in Kabul , and counting all the American weapons and planes left behind for them to enjoy!!

After our folks get out, I think it may be comical to watch Taliban operatives fire up a helicopter or a jet and try to give them a fly. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

After our folks get out, I think it may be comical to watch Taliban operatives fire up a helicopter or a jet and try to give them a fly. 

I'd watch them crash and burn.  There might be value if they sold them, but I doubt the Taliban will be effective at using and maintaining a mini-airforce.  The real issue will be any drones left there, they will get analyzed by the enemy, then of course all the humvees, weapons, explosives that will be used against the Afghan people.  What a disaster.  

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Yea there were many civilian techs, engineers, truck drives etc. They were subcontracted by our military and worked for private firms who profited nicely from US gov, taxpayer funded contacts. Who knows some heroin dealers too. I believe civilian contractor deaths were near US servicemen deaths in numbers. But again with what's transpired in the last couple years you take responsibility and GTH out. Can't rely on others to save your ass because you wanted to keep a high paying job in Afghanistan

He went there because his work sent him ,he wasnt a private contractor. 

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

this guy here ? Shocking he didnt know what he was doing

Blackhawk helicopters, night vision equipment, drones..... You really think their buddies the Chinese are not ecstatic and will more than absolutely help them learn, use and abuse these to take any US life possible anywhere??

This is an absolute cluster fuck. And while Biden is the worst president in my time, I can't believe everyone else with any sense involved in any of this and him should not all be fired for incompetency.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Blackhawk helicopters, night vision equipment, drones..... You really think their buddies the Chinese are not ecstatic and will more than absolutely help them learn, use and abuse these to take any US life possible anywhere??

This is an absolute cluster fuck. And while Biden is the worst president in my time, I can't believe everyone else with any sense involved in any of this and him should not all be fired for incompetency.

All those military secrets down the tubes . 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Whew, I would have looked for another job. To each his own

He's definitely cast from a different mold . Joined the army reserves at 30 and signed up to be deployed . Retired at 43 and is currently hiking the Appalachian trail ,he's got some good stories.

• Like 1