If the law was you can only own one gun what would it be ?

phantom

4 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Yea right, huge amount of immigration from Germany, they're just dying to come here. Only one thing, that ended at the beginning of last century. Get Real and travel a bit. Your sheltered country bumpkin is showing loud and clear. It's Sat night, are you and your relatives getting ready fer cow tippin tonight. Don't fergit yer muck boots, wouldn't wanna end up on yer ass slippin on a cowpie

Now THERE is a post that shows a lot of class....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I would go with my Remington 870 Express 12 ga.  I have a short, smoothbore deer barrel with open sights and a 28" vent rib barrel with screw in choke tubes.   

That gun would be adequate for any big or small game in North America, and near top of the heap for home defense. You cant beat a slide action for that because the sound of the action might be enough to scare off the bad guys.

I also have a 16 gauge Ithaca 37 pump that is a lot smoother, has killed many more deer for me, and has more sentimental value (it was my grandad's).

If I could only keep one, it would be the Remington, because 12 gauge ammo will likely be much easier to come by in a lawless scenerio, and I like to be able to look into the chamber from the side, and see if it is loaded.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Never heard of blaser rifles before, I did a little reading and all reviewers seemed impressed as they should for that price. How did you learn about blaser and decide to purchase one?

Why not keep the German Blaser theme going ?

I started long ago with the R93 30-06 std and 308 semi weight barrels after trying one out at a higher end gun shop, but sold it as I do a lot of deer driving and got tired of the loading/unloading process.

I compete/hunt with a Tac2 and hunt with an R8, which are much easier to load/unload than the R93.

I'm a southpaw and both are set up with LH bolt housings.

Once you shoot a straight pull, turn bolts seem antiquated.

R8, multi barrels and your all set.

Buck 2019.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Actually I keep my mouth shut until somebody else brings up politics then your fair game. I don't back down and haven't been beat up yet, so I'm doing pretty good for a snowflake liberal. Why wanna call me a douche to my face?

I most certainly would. I call it like I see it

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Actually I keep my mouth shut until somebody else brings up politics then your fair game. I don't back down and haven't been beat up yet, so I'm doing pretty good for a snowflake liberal. Why wanna call me a douche to my face?

I most certainly would. I call it like I see it

On 8/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, Gobbler Chaser said:

Have you ever been out of NY state or your home town? Serious question?

YOU ARE SO UNHAPPY HERE SO WHY YOU STAY?

How come you are here I'm wondering . I Mean Canada is near by and they have all the wonderful things you like ? Or you could move back to germany i think sausage fest starts soon you be just in time .      

YEA GERMANY CANADA MEXICO CUBA ALL BETTER THEN HERE I'M SURE .

I probably should have not  responded but  what you want not going to happen here anyway so it pointless to talk about it you not changing anyones mind here .  

Back to guns now Changed my mind going with shotgun  the m4 will do it all . 

• Like 1

Personally for me in this hypo, I’m assuming I get one barrel.
I’d have to go 870 pump smoothie with the appropriate chokes.
Jack of all trades and time tested. Not a sexy choice, but sometimes you got to pick getting the job done vs sexy.

The People's Shotgun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3