My New Truck!!!!!!!!

First-light

Guys it finally here! 10 months and the dealership will take delivery tomorrow! So my buddy who owns the dealership called me today. He sat down with the chevy rep and gave me the extended warranty plus cover the cost of side steps and hard 3 fold  bed cover. All for my patience! So this is a 2021 Chevy 1500 LT. Crew cab regular bed 8 cylinder. I will write a check for just about 50 K. I think me just got a good deal even with the wait. My daughter just passed her road test and will get my Tahoe. I'm ready!!!!!

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 3.10.26 PM.png

• Like 26

58 minutes ago, First-light said:

Guys it finally here! 10 months and the dealership will take delivery tomorrow! So my buddy who owns the dealership called me today. He sat down with the chevy rep and gave me the extended warranty plus cover the cost of side steps and hard 3 fold  bed cover. All for my patience! So this is a 2021 Chevy 1500 LT. Crew cab regular bed 8 cylinder. I will write a check for just about 50 K. I think me just got a good deal even with the wait. My daughter just passed her road test and will get my Tahoe. I'm ready!!!!!

Nice !

So were you able to get a discount off the msrp sticker ?

I assume there were a few rebates ..

Did you have a trade ?

Enjoy , hope they gave you a full tank of fuel

11 hours ago, luberhill said:

Nice !

So were you able to get a discount off the msrp sticker ?

I assume there were a few rebates ..

Did you have a trade ?

Enjoy , hope they gave you a full tank of fuel

My buddy gave me "Friend and Family" discount 1250 there was also a 1000 accessory discount. No trade. That will be interesting about the full tank!

2 hours ago, First-light said:

My buddy gave me "Friend and Family" discount 1250 there was also a 1000 accessory discount. No trade. That will be interesting about the full tank!

When I picked up my new Jeep they only did 3/4 tank

But I bought a used Silverado a few months ago and they filled it ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First-light said:

Your discount should have come off dealer cost, which is below invoice not off the sticker price. Should have actually showed you the invoice showing what they paid and what the discount would be.  Or they should show you the invoice. I’ve never bought a vehicle without them showing it to me. Employee pricing and friends and family discount are printed on all invoices. Hope you got that instead of off the sticker price 

Edited by boo711

19 hours ago, First-light said:

Congrats. 

IIRC, we both ordered or trucks around the same time in May.   Got mine end of November.  Interesting yours is a 2021 and mines a 2022. Not sure why a 1500 would be different than a 2500?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boo711 said:

Your discount should have come off dealer cost, which is below invoice not off the sticker price. Should have actually showed you the invoice showing what they paid and what the discount would be.  Or they should show you the invoice. I’ve never bought a vehicle without them showing it to me. Employee pricing and friends and family discount are printed on all invoices. Hope you got that instead of off the sticker price 

It’s a discount at it below dealer cost , Chrysler is 3 percent under dealer cost .

Im not sure how GM works , Ford X plan is similar .

But the invoice should show all the numbers 

4 hours ago, mowin said:

Congrats. 

IIRC, we both ordered or trucks around the same time in May.   Got mine end of November.  Interesting yours is a 2021 and mines a 2022. Not sure why a 1500 would be different than a 2500?  

Not sure they only thing that may have made a difference is I got the crew cab not the quad cab. All parts available were going to the most in demand trucks which were the quad cab. 

My brother just bought a 22 Ram, double cab, 4x4

sticker is 54 and change.. they gave him 2100 off sticker and there is 2500 in rebates..

And max KBB for his trade and NO other dealer would come close .

They had it on the lot…

I thought I heard that dealers were not discounting ???

So I just got off the phone with the dealer. My buddy got me the extended warranty at no cost. They also threw in a drop in bedliner, hard cover tri-fold bed cover and side steps. I will write a check for 50K and change this week. That is including tax and tags. I think it was a good deal. 

23 minutes ago, First-light said:

So I just got off the phone with the dealer. My buddy got me the extended warranty at no cost. They also threw in a drop in bedliner, hard cover tri-fold bed cover and side steps. I will write a check for 50K and change this week. That is including tax and tags. I think it was a good deal. 

So what do you figure they discounted off sticker ? Not counting rebates