Got Lucky!

bigpaul

Hopefully I can figure out how to attach the picture, but if it doesn't I'll tell you. I got lucky on my own property with an unlocked camera with a couple walking right past it. At first I was mad, but then happy that they didn't walk off with it. They had to have seen it. So I just got done ordering lock boxes!post-1267-0-66787200-1343178202_thumb.jp

Ha-ha .... wait until you're sitting in your stand and they go merrily marching by just about the time you expect the deer to be getting active. I've had that happen. They're probably just a couple of health-conscious hikers who have decided to make your property part of their daily routine. I'm sure they meant to ask permission. Lol .... where is that chubby little kid on the bike? He should be along any minute.

A simple blow up pic and a sign saying Wanted information leading to the arrest of these two trespassers...post them in the grocery store....the post office Town hall...any place in town with a bulletin board...That should take care of them and any one else thinking about a walk about in the area...

I doubt the couple taking a hike through the woods would be the ones stealing your camera. Unfortunately most of the time it is another hunter or some kid walking through the woods. Sad to say but I have caught many hunters in he act of trying to steal my stuff. I actually had a guy steal a lock off of a tree stand that left there. My Dad saw the guy walking out with the lock and stopped him. The hunter tried to say that he took it off the tree stand and was going to return it so no one stole it!!!!?? My Dad called me and my buddy and I went over to have a little conversation. I was like How were you going to return something to someone when you didn't even know who the owner is and you were headed to your car? Anyways we had some words and I am pretty sure we scared the guy so silly he will never be in the area again. I would never steal anything from anyone.

A simple blow up pic and a sign saying Wanted information leading to the arrest of these two trespassers...post them in the grocery store....the post office Town hall...any place in town with a bulletin board...That should take care of them and any one else thinking about a walk about in the area...

C'mon are you serious with this? I love how people sit behind the computer and say the most ludicrous things.... like you would ever really do that over a couple of hikers walking through the woods. More importantly if you really would you might want to question your sanity!

C'mon are you serious with this? I love how people sit behind the computer and say the most ludicrous things.... like you would ever really do that over a couple of hikers walking through the woods. More importantly if you really would you might want to question your sanity!

relax

Seeing you don't know the back ground to that ...I'll just let you vent away... ;) I do find your comment funny though.....seeing your previous post...I won't assume you ENJOY tracking down ppl and confronting them?...I prefer to nip a problem in the bud and be done with it....

Thanks Paula

I am so very tempted to put a bear trap on one deer trail on my property simply because the same AH every deer hunting season walks the same trail with his dog right past 2 trees on either side with yellow posted sines.Proberly some local youkle that will say well my grandfather hunted here,my father hunted here Daa.They are not paying the taxes on my property so,they are not helping me with clearing areas and planting food plots,Just shooting deer ,gutting them and skinning them on my property.Most likley a doe that they do not have a permit for.

Years ago when 35mm cameras were the norm, I got a picture of 2 unknown tresspassers. I was in the local Gin Mill one night and noticed one of them. I went out to the truck and got the picture and confronted them. Priceless! You should have seen the look on their faces! We were just walking around they said. I'm sure I'll find these 2 people also, I have the word out.

Great to hear you didn't lose a camera. Too much of that stuff going around these days. So far I have been lucky.

You may want to back track and try to get an idea where they came from. Maybe post a bigger no trespassing sign?

They look like harmless people though but yeah who wants scent tracked around on your spot. Good way to bump the deer forsure.

I have blocked off all logging roads leading up the hill from the main trail at the bottom of the hill with chains on the property I hunt. Got tired of people not listening and driving thier 4 wheelers past me while im hunting. I told the locals they could walk the bottom trail and ride 4 wheelers down that trail but not to go up the hill. Wouldnt you guess I have over the last 4 yrs killed 3 deer off that bottom trail coming down off the mnt. So yeah it sucks they were tresspassing but it wont ruin your hunting. Deer will go where they want to go not where you want them to go. :biggrin: I would be more worried about the pumpkin army tresspassing they will run your deer herd into the next county.

Edited by erussell

What is so hard for people to understand. The NO in no trespassing means NO. It amazes me how frigging stupid people actually can be. Damn ask permission for crying out loud. Thats a heck of alot easier than the consequences of getting caught from a less than happy lanowner. This stuff is just plain stupid theres no other way to say it nicer. If I wanted you on my land I will invite you, until then stay the hell out, SIMPLE.