DMP's selection available today - What did you get!?

burmjohn

for those who were denied do you then go with out for that area or got the second for your other area?

It just means I'll do most of my deer hunting in 3M this year. If I see a doe in 3P, I'll have to pass up on it unless I can get a 3P tag from a buddy or something. What I won't do is take a doe in 3P, drive it to 3M, and report that I took it at 3M. I'm not that desperate.

It just means I'll do most of my deer hunting in 3M this year. If I see a doe in 3P, I'll have to pass up on it unless I can get a 3P tag from a buddy or something. What I won't do is take a doe in 3P, drive it to 3M, and report that I took it at 3M. I'm not that desperate.

were you able to get the second one for 3M since you didn't get 3P?

i would think you could but i have never been denied, not sure how i would take it if i did. maybe the wind would go out of my sail lol

I started yelling at the girl at the counter. Telling her how worthless she was which is why she'll never amount to anything more than a Gander Mountain cashier. I then grab the rack of Jack Link's beef jerkys and threw it out out the front window. I then proceeded to urinate all over the stacks of 2012 Hunter's Regulation Manuals.

Just kidding. I said "Arrr..schucks!" and "Oh wellz", thanked the girl, took my tags, and left.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

Ha...it says that non res can't get a DMP in 6K anyway....oh well.Stupid me.

http://www.dec.ny.go...door/30409.html

Should have gone with 7F or 7A I suppose,but then I would have to drive a ways from the cabin and hunt properties I don't know anything about....yet. There's always next year.

Edited by Single_shot

I started yelling at the girl at the counter. Telling her how worthless she was which is why she'll never amount to anything more than a Gander Mountain cashier. I then grab the rack of Jack Link's beef jerkys and threw it out out the front window. I then proceeded to urinate all over the stacks of 2012 Hunter's Regulation Manuals.

Just kidding. I said "Arrr..schucks!" and "Oh wellz", thanked the girl, took my tags

Were you dressed in Camo? Scent was downwind, right. THat's my boy, just the way I taught you. Maybe, I'll see you in 3m

I got an 8X and an 8Y.. I have a friend who is going to sign me over an 8T, so I'm pretty well covered here in southeastern Steuben County.

I also applied for two antlerless permits in PA 3A and haven't recieved denials yet, so I expect I'll have permits enough to kill all the dolly deers I need, which is about 2..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone, 
      It is current the last week for regular season in upstate NY. Living the life working and being a full time student, I have some time off this week and would like to take a ride upstate to do a gun hunt. Never have I hunted public land in the areas 3 G, F, or N and was looking for some recommendations and help! I had used the DEC info locator and found California Hill and thought I might go there. Is there any recommendations on areas to go to in any of the wmu’s? Or on California? Any help would be really appreciated!! 

best of holiday wishes! 

• By Toth9050
      I'm new to the area and looking for some places to hunt  the next few weekends through bow/muzzleloader season. I'm living in New Paltz, and the place that seems the most promising to me so far is Vernooy Kill State forrest, and north into Sundown. Has anyone had any luck in these areas? Is there anywhere better in the area I should check out? Any info is welcome
    • By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone,
      My name is Raul and I am a new hunter! I've been hunting public land for now, but have been suffering. I've done 2 10 hour sits at Kings Park and 3 10 hour sits at Rocky Point and haven't seen one deer. I use a treestand and use scent blocker. I also get there super early in the morning. I need help! I plan to go again this friday. I scouted Rocky point after the first day and always see sign and I try to hunt the areas, but no success. I hunt around 42 and 36 I think. If someone wants the exact spot I can send them it on a map. I am really just looking for help in any areas and everything. I have put so much effort yet all i want is to just see one that will keep moral up. Any help is really appreciated!
    • By C-H Brad
      We will be publishing the new list of available hunting leases on Monday, March 2, 2020 at 7:30 AM on our website www.cottonhanlon.com 
      Cotton-Hanlon is a private timber company that owns land in NY and PA (sorry all our land in PA is currently leased). We have been leasing land since the fall of 1970. You will be dealing directly with the us, no third parties.
      Still working on the list but it looks like we'll have woodlots available in the following counties in NY: Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Oswego, Schuyler, Tioga and Tompkins.
      Make sure to check it out first thing that morning for the best choices.
      Thanks, Bob
    • By John Barton
      Wondering if anyone has an extra DMP tag for 4W. 
      Long shot I know and would be happy to get a 1C to exchange. Or trade my turkey tag. Wasn't sure where I would be hunting and never got a deer yet.