Well I'll be sleeping in...

growalot

Later this morning...for I just found the doe I shot at 6pm yesterday....they came in behind me in a first time(this season) stand..after getting caught 3 times I calculated the route they were taking to get to me...sure enough 6pm and in they came...but in stuff I had no shot so I turned and got ready for a shot as they hit a trail that goes straight up hill from me...I had one opening and it would give a slight quartering away rt side shot...I shot and she tipped over then ran like a scalded cat through thick cover...I stayed in the tree and the other deer milled around where she was hit...one fawn stopped and sniffed and licked the spot...after they moved off I quietly got down...I walked the trail and the arrow ...didn't look good...I immediately went home....visions of yotes dancing through my head...at 12: 45a.m. I headed back out and trailed her zig zagging blood trail up then down and across hill...150yrds later a white belly...I didn't go farther for still not sure...feet frozen mouth dry...and legs cold....getting a drink ...a drag rope...had gutting gear ..but for got the drag...will gut and drag her out closer to the road...then pick her up...no yotes yet but I better get a move on

The blood trail was good...spotty at first then a solid line for 70-80 feet then spotty again....some blood bright red some nearly blk...as much as she lost in the solid trail...I'm really surprised she went as far as she did..jumping logs to boot....one down ...pressure(self imposed is) off

Good luck today

Thanks..it was a long drag to road 1300ft actually...stashed her then walked to house and got the car...going out now to hang and skin...Holy crap...I've been up and going since 4am Friday...I'll be damned if the yotes were going to get her...The hit was far back on entry but good on exit...took out one lung the liver and just nicked stomach near the lung...no mess...THANK YOU GOD...she was still warm and not at all stiff...pics later