Hunting blunders

biggamefish

We all have them and there was a thread started by another guy rough day. It was funny so I figured I would start a post where we can all put the crazy things that happen during the day.

I went to hit my bleat can this morning got half a blahhhhhhh out and clunk ckank down the stand it went. No bleating for me. Lol.

Brought my ML into the cabin over night. Moister got into the powder and the next morning had a buck 15 yards from me broadside, a chip shot. Pulled the trigger and it was like a roman candle out of the barrel. Thing landed in the snow 5 feet from him. He bounded off and I laughed.

Brought my ML into the cabin over night. Moister got into the powder and the next morning had a buck 15 yards from me broadside, a chip shot. Pulled the trigger and it was like a roman candle out of the barrel. Thing landed in the snow 5 feet from him. He bounded off and I laughed.

My buddy did that a couple years ago. I was in a stand a couple hundred yards away and heard the psssst. Starting laughing cause I knew exactly what that sound was.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

this morning I stopped in drive and tied my tow rope to the bow so I wouldn't spend time and noise doing so at the bottom of ladder in case deer came in...dark....well worked well very quiet climb up ..got all situated and start to pull bow up....Yank Yank...rope won't move....swing it around still nothing...Aauuugghhh!!!...unstrap and climb back down the ladder...rope is rapped around a broken root...no movement until well after light and mostly small ones at first....so much for well laid plans....lol

sitting in my stand this morning...my seat fell out from under me, made the loudest noise ever. oh yeah also this morning while putting on a glove my hand slipped and i punched myself in the face,...my cousin got a good laugh out of that one.....but minuts before that i handed him a grunt call and he procided to try to blow in it the wrong way....haha was a good funny morining for us

• Like 1

Bought a used tree climbing stand , didnt bother too learn how to use it , didnt bother to find a good tree before opening day .... go in the woods opening day at oh dark thirty picked a tree (unfortunately the kind that has bark peeling off) make it up about 30 feet , turn around search for strap in , cant find it , stay still wait till sun comes up , look down see strap in on ground , spend 3 hours nervous as hell , sold climbing tree stand bought ladder stand !

• Like 1

About 20 yrs. ago I drove 1 1/2 hrs. for opening day of firearm deer season and found out I left my jacket home.It was very cold but luckily another guy had an extra jacket he let me borrow. I had a detachable quiver another time and climbed a tree with a climbing stand only to see the quiver lying on the ground disconnected from the bow.I had to climb back down and get it. I drove home from bowhunting once and couldn't find my bow in my truck,damn I left it on the ground near the woods.I had to drive an hour round trip to retrieve it.Those are only the ones I can think of- there are more,I'm sure.

Went bird hunting on some state land that stocked years back. Had to wait in the lot for a space to open up since they only allowed five cars at a time. After waiting 1+ hours, I got my spot, got all dressed, dog all set, loaded vest with shot and grabbed my.....$hit wheres my gun! Safe and sound in the garage....man was my dog pissed!

I took my son out on a youth waterfowl hunt one year on Columbus Day weekend. Well, the damn "youth hunt" was slated to be held Sunday & Monday, NOT Saturday. Guess who had a good hunt on Saturday? Oooooppps....

A number of years ago my buddy and I spent two nights in a Gang Mills hotel room while hunting PA. The second morning we checked out of the room at around 5:30am and headed uo to our PA spot. I went to the back seat of the truck and "gasp".....my rifle was not there!! I left it in the hotel room. Crap, 25 minutes each way and plenty of lost time but I got my rifle no problems.

1. Drove 3/4 of the way to my hunting spot when I realized I left my hunting license at home. Drove all the way home to look for it but couldn't find it...then I realized it was in my bag which I had with me the whole time.

2. Drove to hunting spot and realized I forgot to bring ammo.

3. My tree stand adventure.

Back in 08, i spotted what was my biggest buck ever out in a field with a doe that he would not leave. After jumping them, and tracking into a thicket, i got a broadside shot at 100 yards with my 30-06. Pulled up and the gun went click.. i loaded the clip but didnt put one in the chamber. Thankfully i shoot a pump rifle, and buried him once i got a round in the gun..

First time I used my new 54 caliber muzzleloader for deer- Loaded it in the cabin before leaving for my ground blind. Placed percussion cap on it at blind. About 1 hr. later ther biggest 10 pointer I have ever seen came about 20 yards away from me. Pulled hammer back and only thing that went off was the cap. Good bye deer. Placed new cap on it and it fired. Lesson learned was to fire caps before loading gun.

Got in the habit if strapping my bow to my pack on the way out of the woods. The other day I hear a lot of noise and figured I scared some deer but noticed the noise was getting closer. A few seconds later about ten deer pass me by and low and behold this huge 10 pointer is standing 10 feet from me. Needless to say I now carry my bow out of the woods and no longer strap it to my pack.

Got in the habit if strapping my bow to my pack on the way out of the woods. The other day I hear a lot of noise and figured I scared some deer but noticed the noise was getting closer. A few seconds later about ten deer pass me by and low and behold this huge 10 pointer is standing 10 feet from me. Needless to say I now carry my bow out of the woods and no longer strap it to my pack.

and i promise u that will NEVER have that happen again exept when u forget and carry it that way sometime years from now

lol