Talk About Cabin Fever!!

Cabin Fever

Had surgery (my 3rd!!) on my foot and ankle 4 weeks ago to repair damage that was done 3 years ago during a treestand fall. http://huntingny.com... +stupid, +like Definately over the worst of the pain, but I'm going ABSOLUTELY stir crazy sitting and laying around the house!! The doc said that I'll be on crutches, in a cast, and absolutely no weight bearing for 10+ weeks!! Then transitioning into a boot and needing lots of physical therapy. I have to keep my foot elevated at all times to help keep the swelling down. Can only get up to go to the bathroom and kitchen! Talk about cabin fever!!! I feel like an indoor cat, staring outside, wondering what life is like on the outside!! Some days, I feel like banging my head against the wall!! Can only watch so much TV!

VERY swollen(ready to explode) and bruised!! Hope this doesn't make anyone puke............

1221121420.jpg

Edited by Cabin Fever

Dang that brought back memories....best of luck and be glad your down now and not in the spring....Don't cut corners and do as the docs and therapists say...

Mine happened Easter weekend ..April second that year....I was in a hospital bed in the living room for three months...in a walking cast through out the rest of summer and into fall....MR B bought me a climbing and I bow hunted in the walking cast...Then He crushed his foot...and got gangrene while in the cast ....we had to go to the hospital everyday for two weeks to keep it from spreading and clean the dead away...nothing can make me puke now....lol

Wow! Good luck with your recovery....I had my knee done in May and was on crutches for 8 weeks. The first 3 weeks were spent on the couch with my leg elevated ,so I know how you feel. Stir crazy!!!!! All you can do is grin and bare it.