ammo and lack of

I was at Gander Mountain in Dickson City, PA on Saturday.  No .22, no 9mm, nor any other popular shooting cartridges.  There are hunting rifle and shotgun ammo available.  THose are not affected.  It is the popular shooting calibers that are very hard to find.  All pistol ammo and .223, .308 are the ones that are scarce.

Go over to gunbroker.com and similar sites and youll find tons of it, at 4 to 5 times retail. The sick thing is people just keep paying it, so what is going on now will continue. People are buying up all of it the same day it is stocked and then they resell it for huge profits. Its extended into the reloading components for the same calibers as well. The answer to the problem is to stop panicking and paying the exorbitant prices from people.

How the heck do you know the guy on the phone is legit? Because he says so? Just another bunch of conspiracy rhetoric. Ill see if I can find the link, but there are write ups that show how many armed DHS employees there are, how many rounds the contracts are for, and how often these people practice. It all adds up to nothing abnormal.

I have no idea whether this guy knows what he is talking about. I will say that if he is a crack-pot, he certainly is a well rehearsed crackpot. I was watching for the usual hesitation as a guy is trying to make up his next response, and it does seem like he went from one point to the next and responded to questions in a seamless fashion. That of course is no proof of credibility, but does make his call a lot more convincing.

However, all that stuff aside, this situation is starting to get a bit un-nerving. There is still no sign of it ever going away. Nobody has answers and looking off into the future, there certainly is no sign of any of this ending. So is this the new wave of gun control? Because I will say that over time this will be even more effective than if they came into each of our houses and removed all guns. This situation devolves our weapons into nothing more than expensive clubs. Many people have virtually no ammo to use in their guns. And as time goes on, more and more people will find themselves in that situation. I personally reload my own ammo, but assuming that I live a few more years, there is no guarantee that I have a lifetime supply of components. Somebody is being effective at shutting us down. Perhaps it is us ourselves. Or maybe there is something else afoot. Wouldn't it be nice to know?

I wonder how the large ammo manufacturers are set up to produce. Take Remington for example, do they produce all calibers at the same time or do they set up and run a specific caliber or two until they produce a certain amount and then switch over to another caliber? It would also be interesting to know if they've stepped up production or if they're just going about business as usual.

I talked to the local manager at Dicks & their shelves are bare & he claims the manufactures will not ship ammo due to the gov't contracts. especially 223 cal.& he doesn't know when they will get any.   I beleive the guy on the phone is telling the truth. It isn't just NY its across the country. I wouldn't put anything pass this gov't.  Also many of the warehouses won't ship ammo to NY.

i was at the locol dicks friday i got one box of 525 rem golden bullets for 25.00 dollers they had 45 and nine mill there plus 24 boxs of 223 ammo afriend said he went on his lunch break and it was all gone

I'm glad to see Dick's held the price.  Most places are asking $150-$160 for that box of 22's.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a local gun shop last night to look at what little inventory they would have and much to my suprise they were stacked! Every type of ammo and alot of it. They had 4 ARs on the wall I was drooling lol. Had a lot of guns too. I was looking at a S&W .40 Sig, I want it :)<br /><br /><br />I bought some 150gr .270 and a box of 00 buck. Not like I'll use it but ya never know

I'm hearing a small buzz from some co-workers that some of the CNY Walmarts are starting to have some .22 on their shelves.  Seems like .22 has been completely empty for a few months.  Might be a good sign.

Cicero Gander Mtn had some a decent ammount of .17HMR the other day, they still have absolute squat, but seems like things are slowly trickling back in.  Lets hope by Fall this nonsense is on its downslope.

I went to a local gun shop last night to look at what little inventory they would have and much to my suprise they were stacked! Every type of ammo and alot of it. They had 4 ARs on the wall I was drooling lol. Had a lot of guns too. I was looking at a S&W .40 Sig, I want it :)<br /><br /><br />I bought some 150gr .270 and a box of 00 buck. Not like I'll use it but ya never know

Thats good to hear. I think that there is a lot of hoarding going on. Hopefully people will realize that they finally have enough ammo stored up in their basements and will relax, allowing things to get back to normal (or at least close to normal).  The people who are hoarding and reselling , for a profit, are just self serving little maggots. What can you do???? But if the ammo situation gets back to , at least close to, normal the little maggots will have to find another way to screw people.

I hear ya Ants... Alot of hoarding going on. I figured shot in the dark let me stop in and see what they got. Ammo seemed jut a tad bit marked up but it was plentiful. I held off from picking up ammo with all the shortages the past few months. I have alot of ammo in the house but wanted to grab some for deer season. One can't for see what crazyness will pop up next and I want to make sure after I do some shooting this summer I'll have some left for deer season

Currently, I have no interest in factory ammo. But I am hurting for reloading components. Apparently that is being hoarded. Even the kinds of powder that I use is impossible to locate.

I've got to say that that is one heck of a lot of hoarding. It sure sounds like more than just a few guys out here filling their houses with rifles, bullets and components. In fact it almost sounds unbelieveable in scope. particularly if it is true that manufacturers are maxed out.

I havn't had any luck finding large pistol Mag primers . I'm not in dire need but can't reload any 44 mag for my son until I get some . I wasn't swift enough to think of primers when the ammo shortage began . Shame on me !