ammo and lack of

winter birds down south from NY areas and having all he stock of ammo just about cleaned out, missing now is 22 long rifle and several of the popular calibers.....

they are having there kids, grand kids or friends call to Myrtle beach SC to buy ammo and bring it north.

were has the level heads all gone in our state govt ?

There must be hunter pushing to get all these crazy laws taken of the books, just like they were signed into law in the dark of night with not a single hunter allowed to question the changes to the past / current law.

Edited by sweet old bill

yea Bill we live in a strange new world and im not liking it much. the only chance we have at reversing these laws will be in the courts, i believe its a good chance though...getting ammo could be a problem for a long time to come not only because of availability but i have a real problem paying 20 or 30 bucks a box for .223 ammo when i used to get it for 6.99 only 2 months ago..

somehow i just cant help but think this was all really well planned and figured out by master manipulators.

• Like 1

Your so right Bill. I shoot trap once a week, and i'm even finding it hard to get 12ga shells for that. I believe the anti gun people will attempt to price us out of our hunting and shooting sport. I'm sure the criminals will still have ammo though.

A cop friend of mine was in Gander Mnt. last week. He saw three "inner city" lads (all with their hoods up) hanging around the pistol ammo shelf. They were just hovering there. My friend recognized one of them, because he has had quite a bit of contact with him while on the job, so he went over and started talking about the super bowl with him. The three must have been late for work or something because they didn't feel much like talking and left the store.

• Like 2

The fact is that the anti-gun creeps don't really have any control over the cost and availability of ammo. The shortages are caused by the panic of gun owners. We have done it to ourselves. Yes it is the anti-gun creeps that caused the panic with their announced intentions of putting us out of business, and all their goofy laws being jammed down our throat. But the actual shortage is a result of gun owner activity. Hopefully the manufacturers will recognize the windfall that we have created for them and will ramp up production to meet the new demand. That may be a while as they attempt to determine whether the buying panic is short term or not.

• Like 1

I went to the gun show today in Clarence. I saw a couple vendors that had bricks of standard velocity 22's for ..............$80.00 each. Saw another dude that had some bargain priced at $65.00 Yowsaaaaa!

22lr has become near impossible to find so they are going to charge ridiculous prices because someone will just have to have it. luckily I have a good little stock of .22lr to use in any of my .22s. depending on the quality of the ammo those prices would actually be low for some of the top of the line match ammo but it was probably low quality ammo that normally sells for $18-$25 a brick. the most I ever spent on a brick was about $50 and that was for a decent match ammo that allows me to average 1/4" groups in a custom target rifle I built.

The fact is that the anti-gun creeps don't really have any control over the cost and availability of ammo. The shortages are caused by the panic of gun owners. We have done it to ourselves. Yes it is the anti-gun creeps that caused the panic with their announced intentions of putting us out of business, and all their goofy laws being jammed down our throat. But the actual shortage is a result of gun owner activity. Hopefully the manufacturers will recognize the windfall that we have created for them and will ramp up production to meet the new demand. That may be a while as they attempt to determine whether the buying panic is short term or not.

and the 1.7 billion rounds homeland security bought/ordered had nothing to do with it?

You cant tell me that in all the military/government storage they cant come up with 1billion rounds? They have more ammo stored up than the government could ever shoot. Just more gov waste of money they dont need to spend. When I was in the Army at the end of every yr we had a week long mandatory " TRAINING " week. Where we basically went to the storage bunkers and took all the ammo that was aloted to our company and went and poured it down range. Though I must say it was alot of fun to make an m60's barrel glow at night from holding the trigger down on a 100 rd belt!! :spiteful: The reason they did this was because whatever we didnt use was subtracted from the next alotment. So they would have us shoot it all.

Edited by erussell

I was in Florida last week, stopped at 3 shops in different areas of the state and they were the same story as here. Stopped at more on the way back, and also in GA and SC. Same story everywhere. Sending people down there looking is gonna do you no good.

I think its the same nation wide. The wife is going to Texas in June to visit her sister. I plan to have her look there and see ( if there is any ammo left in that state) if she can send some home, but I have my doubts.

The guy at sportsman's guide told me over the phone the the ammo suppliers won't ship them any 223 or 556 or 308 ammo. Its really weired and forget about going south for ammo I've been here for about a month and the only ammo on the shelves is eathier 300 mag or 7mm no 223 or plain 22 but u can get 17hmr