On average....

growalot

Decrease... and I'm one of them. 12+ years ago, we had more turkeys than squirrels in my area! They were all over! In the past 8-10 years, there are very very few around. Some years, there are none, no tracks, no gobbling, no trailcam pics, no sightings, no nothing! Other years, I "might" have a couple move in during the spring, but they never stick around. Personally, I wouldn't shoot one in my area if it jumped me with a switchblade! What few we do have around, I would rather save, so my kids have something to hunt.

• Like 1

It's deffinately been on the rise here. That's part of the reason I don't really enjoy it much anymore.

I see more of my neighbors this time of year then I do all deer seasons combined. Ten years ago it was just the opposite.

Not being in agg country, there's a lot of guys stepping on each others toes around the few fields we do have. Just not for me anymore.

I see a lot less now than in the past years.  Spring turkey hunting was in its hay day back in the 80's.  You couldn't pick up a hunting magazine without seeing it mentioned on the front cover.  They made it sound like all you needed to do was sit next to a tree, make a call and they'd come in and run you over.  I had never seen so many turkey hunters as I did then.

A lot of these guys got discouraged and gave up when they saw how hard it really is.  We'll see what this year brings!!

I think there are more hunters (after all it is addicting) and less turkeys (poor hatches last few years and more preditors) But all that said I will be out until I tag out and then I will call for any one who wants the company. I love the challenge!

• Like 1