Venison Sushi

It's just called Pan-Seared Sushi.  Tartar (or rather Tartare) is when raw meat is diced up into tiny little bits and usually mixed with herbs and spices.

It's no different than eating Kitfo at an Ethiopian restaurant which is actually pretty tasty.  I trust eating raw meat at a restaurant mainly because I can sue them if anything goes wrong.  I can't sue myself.

• Like 6

<br />What about the bacteria on the inside of the meat?<br /> <br />I'd slice it real thin, mix it with little corns, pea pod, green pepper, onion, rice, and make stir fry out of it.<br />

<br /><br />Most bacteria only exist on the outside of meat<br /> Edited by troutfisher13111

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NO NO NO!!!!   I had a buddy show up at camp once years ago with a pile of so called "smoked venison". He said he smoked it in just a couple of hours and let me tell you it was RED inside. He left it out on the table saying it didn't need refrigeration and like an idiot I ate on the the stuff for days.

Well lo and behold I got sick like nobody's business. I went to the house and puked, crapped, and sweated for days, and was having all kinds of nightmares in a food poisoned delirium. Days later the fever broke and I asked my wife what she was thinking and why she didn't call for an ambulance. I was not kidding!

She told me she figured every time I ever got the flu I told her to leave me alone to sweat it out, and she thought it was the same thing. WOW....I have not eaten smoked venison since that time prepared by anyone since then and will NEVER again as long as I live. No sitting out on the table red meat for this guy!

NO NO NO!!!!   I had a buddy show up at camp once years ago with a pile of so called "smoked venison". He said he smoked it in just a couple of hours and let me tell you it was RED inside. He left it out on the table saying it didn't need refrigeration and like an idiot I ate on the the stuff for days.

Well lo and behold I got sick like nobody's business. I went to the house and puked, crapped, and sweated for days, and was having all kinds of nightmares in a food poisoned delirium. Days later the fever broke and I asked my wife what she was thinking and why she didn't call for an ambulance. I was not kidding!

She told me she figured every time I ever got the flu I told her to leave me alone to sweat it out, and she thought it was the same thing. WOW....I have not eaten smoked venison since that time prepared by anyone since then and will NEVER again as long as I live. No sitting out on the table red meat for this guy!

So you ate rawish meat that sat out on a table for days? What does that have to do with eating fresh, raw meat?

• Like 1

WNYBuckHunter.......perhaps nothing to you LOL, but a lot to me! Just sharing my story. To each there own as far as eating raw meat goes. Exactly how fresh is fresh is really sort of a guessing game I think unless you kill it and butcher it yourself. I used to even like my burgers a little red inside at one time, but after my episode, no more for me. For those that do like it though......bon appetit!