Anyone heading to their Hunting area this weekend? (Halloween Weekend)

burmjohn

Anyone heading to their Hunting area this weekend?

I have a feeling its going to be an awesome weekend, I could not go up last weekend (wife bday).  I'm psyched!  Its going to be dry, fairly cool, and low winds.  After opening bow weekend for SZ, I'm excited for a calmer weekend ;)

I'm thinking of trying some scent as well this weekend... Just a little, perhaps draw something in.

Ha- ha ..... I am in my hunting area. My home is my hunting camp. Sometimes I envy you guys a bit when you actually have someplace special to do your hunting.

But anyway ...... yes, I will continue to be hunting hard this weekend and I hope that sooner or later, I will be rewarded for my stubborness. ;D

Doc

im going in for an all dayer on Sat and going to try and convince the wife for a sunday morn hunt... im with you john on that feeling for this weekend. it might just be that weekend where some more of us get to punch the old tag and ill tell you what, im pumped!!

got quite a few bucks showing up on the cam but mostly at night. im hoping this week is the week where these boys start coming out and showing there face in the day light.

I have starting saturday, 9 days off, followed by 2 work days, then another 5 days off.  It's on like donkey kong, this week can't get over fast enough.  Possible snow showers where I'm hunting, highs in the low 40's, lows in the high 20's.  Perfect perfect perfect bow hunting.  I am pumped up and ready to rock.  There's a veritable carpet of apples about 40 yards from my stand I'm going to lay a scent trail from the apples to my shooting lane.  Thinking about one of those yellow scent leaves Geno has been talking up + scent drag + Fake Scrap.

I well be in the stand come sun up Saturday morning.I am also looking for my first archery deer.I well take a good size doe if I get the chance.I do have to be home for Sunday.I need to know the secret to honey do it your self list.Please oh Please tell me.

It's called divorce.  ;D

Things are picking up activity-wise! If the rain holds off, this should be a good weekend!

Cam working good?

new cam seems to be working great! same P/N as the last one but this one is working well... i actually really like this cam. im thinking of taking it down to 3 meg to have a faster recovery time. maybe next year ill get another 1 or 2. im happy with it

Doc mentioned that he envies you guys who go to camp.  Although I think that would be fun, I don't envy you.

I hunt about one to two hundred yards from my house (depending on the stand).  When I am out in the woods, I marvel at how far away I seem from anything.  Also, as the leaves drop, everytime I go out, it is a new place.  New holes.  New shadows.  The best part is when my son goes along and we sit in the two-seater stand.  He is ten and I expected him to be bored and disinterested, but he is constantly on alert and showing me things I didn't see moving (even if they are often squirrels).

Can't wait for the weekend.