4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

Belo.... this is such a short list of deer I've taken 75-110 yrds with my bead site and 28" smooth bore 3" mag browning..all but this years deer were one shot kills...the little one was a misjudgement on size at 90yrds ...because she actually had a even smaller deer with her...and the neck wound was the exit...she was quartering away on the other side at 98 yrds ...it depends on the gun ammo and shooter knowing their weapon and concentration..

(sp).

Edited by growalot

Some of the inexperienced forum members are starting to shine in this thread, I have learned that shooting running deer is a unsafe, impossible thing and that shooting without "rear sights" is unheard of.

It is not rocket science, aquire target with both eyes open while looking down the barrel and follow through. It is day one small game hunting and shooting stuff.

It never ceases to amaze me how some can make something so simple so over complicated.

I don't remember saying that it was impossible or wrong. All I said was that it decreases your accuracy. Did any of you watch that video? Are you really defending it? The kid shoots at a sprinting deer running at him! If this site wants to defend teens with cameras attached to their smooth bore pump guns shooting at running deer multiple times and planning these drives like its a military assault, hooting and hollering while their buddies push within sight and they flail away... then I'm at a loss.

I'll keep hunting out of my stand with my rifled slug gun and scope and take high probability shots. You all can continue to hunt how you choose.

• Like 1

Some of the inexperienced forum members are starting to shine in this thread, I have learned that shooting running deer is a unsafe, impossible thing and that shooting without "rear sights" is unheard of.

It is not rocket science, aquire target with both eyes open while looking down the barrel and follow through. It is day one small game hunting and shooting stuff.

It never ceases to amaze me how some can make something so simple so over complicated.

I think you are jumping to conclusions about who is behind these posts. Just because people comment that the woudn't take or advise on taking certain shots doesn't mean they are inexperienced. It is a fact that the probability for an inaccurate shot increases when the target is moving.

This whole thread brings to mind a video some Michigan boys posted about doing deer drives in Iowa. Watch 11:00-22:00. So much bad shooting and they come away with 3 deer. 

Thank you to the Iowa MORONS who just gave us all a perfect visual of what I've been talking about. 

Have you guys watched this video? I'm really curious if you guys will defend this as well because this is what I've seen in my 25 years of public land hunting and now neighbors who also do it on private land. 

I love it when the guy says something to the effect of... "Yeah, it was great he shot four times at 10 yards" and then he high fives the shooter... He didn't kill a single one of them. And did you notice the buck they killed in the first scene appeared to be limping before he shot? Can't imagine how it got wounded earlier...  

(If you have trouble loading the video off the this site, just go to you tube direct and type in Iowa Deer drive 2009.) 

I think you are jumping to conclusions about who is behind these posts. Just because people comment that the woudn't take or advise on taking certain shots doesn't mean they are inexperienced. It is a fact that the probability for an inaccurate shot increases when the target is moving.

I did not mention those who felt a certain way did I. Just the ones who don't know what they are talking about, like wondering why there are no "rear sights" on a beaded barrel.

Thank you to the Iowa MORONS who just gave us all a perfect visual of what I've been talking about. 

Have you guys watched this video? I'm really curious if you guys will defend this as well because this is what I've seen in my 25 years of public land hunting and now neighbors who also do it on private land. 

I love it when the guy says something to the effect of... "Yeah, it was great he shot four times at 10 yards" and then he high fives the shooter... He didn't kill a single one of them. And did you notice the buck they killed in the first scene appeared to be limping before he shot? Can't imagine how it got wounded earlier...  

(If you have trouble loading the video off the this site, just go to you tube direct and type in Iowa Deer drive 2009

That whole video is filled with gems.

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! Finally smoked em dude!!!!!    DUDE?>>DUDE>>DUDE??DUDE>>>DUDE?   DUDE???????

These guys appear to be young and new to hunting so I'll give them a little bit of a pass…..But Really??  DUDE...

I know I'll get smoked here "DUDES" but that is definitely not my style….DUDES…LOL!

Belo...if your taking about the second video...it was way ...by far.... and above worse that the OP's video...The first thing that came to my mind OMG now I know why lead bullets are being replaced...they threw enough lead at..... with what appeared as shoot and hope.....  those deer, they could have molded a life sized deer out of it.....that was just the perfect example of why MPO of deer drives will remain negative...but it has nothing to do with smooth bore shot guns being..

smooth bore slug guns are the least accurate long gun you can hunt with.

any gun is only as accurate as the competency of the person holding the weapon...and the knowledge they have about the ammunition they are using...\

I personally am not what I consider a good shot when I have ANY scoped weapon in my hands....which is why I rarely take my rifle or blk powder out deer hunting....if I miss a varmint no biggy but miss a deer or get a bad hit and it sticks with me for ever...not that I have had it happen....Those kills have been one shot kills too..... but I don't like feeling nervous or having a difficult time reacquiring my target....

• Like 1

Who was defending anything about the second video? I must have missed that part.

I will say though, shooting a deer head on with a gun is a perfectly viable shot. Hunting with a smooth bore shotgun is a perfectly viable option. Doing deer drives does not always equal unsafe shooting, or spray and pray tactics.

Pick just about any subject, and I bet I can find a youtube video of someone doing said action unsafely. Just throwing a video out there and making blanket statements based on the actions of a few is pretty silly.

DUDE…I guess you're right. We plan out drives too, but we're all so familiar with the land that we just us a stick and draw our maps on  the ground. Forgot that they're not from the  area. Kelly cam on!

Edited by ants