Your Weather/Wind App Of Choice?

Lawdwaz

Wunderground and WeatherBug.

Between the two I use them 99% of the time. When they align I tend to see it stick.

Was sitting a corner of a field edge with a hedgerow running into it yesterday evening. My wind should have been blowing w to e. It was but the corner was making it swirl. A mature doe walked N to S, hit my scent and was looking dead away. You could see how she was reacting. The scent was coming e to w due to the swirl. Kind of funny in that instance but not so much when it’s a buck and he’s got it right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Ok Mr Anti Technology.  Lol

Not so much anti-tech, more like anti wrong. I can watch three TV stations for weather with three different forecasts, check three apps on the Roku box, and the two apps I have on the phone, walk outdoors and none of them are right LOL.

Heck, I actually put out a trail camera again this year. It's not a cell cam, but I never used to like using cams, so I'm making progress.

19 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Not so much anti-tech, more like anti wrong. I can watch three TV stations for weather with three different forecasts, check three apps on the Roku box, and the two apps I have on the phone, walk outdoors and none of them are right LOL.

Heck, I actually put out a trail camera again this year. It's not a cell cam, but I never used to like using cams, so I'm making progress.

The wind at home isn't always the same as 90 minutes east of here.  Also, the app tells me (and others that use them) what it could be out as far as ten days making planning a little easier.

If a guy hunts close to home or even in their own backyard, your system is ok for the present-not so much for the future.

11 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

The wind at home isn't always the same as 90 minutes east of here.  Also, the app tells me (and others that use them) what it could be out as far as ten days making planning a little easier.

If a guy hunts close to home or even in their own backyard, your system is ok for the present-not so much for the future.

I have more than a few areas I hunt that are about an hour or more out. I like hunting north whenever possible, and where I live now that's a minimum of an hour and a half one way with very different weather than down here. The apps I use on my phone are AccuWeather and The Weather Channel app. Of those, I prefer the former. I still can't get into the hunting apps, of the few free ones I've tried, every time they update the software I lose all my saved data, so I gave up years ago.

The places I hunt close to home are crazy. I can leave my house to make a 30-minute drive to one area, and it's sunny here and snowing or raining over there, so I do have to pay attention even close to home.

One thing I learned today, it doesn't matter what direction the wind is blowing, eating ribs and baked beans for supper and hunting a popup blind the next morning, the aftermath lingers a long time.

I generally just look online at the local news stations, ten day . Right now I’m resting my shoulders a few days, then bringing the camper in for work one day ,a dentist app. another , a promotional party one day that starts at noon, next Sunday it’s the Bills game at our daughters . So I look for the open days that aren’t to windy or wet .

Other times it’s Robs method , I walk outside in the morning, to windy or wet, I walk back in .