SAFE act lobbyist breaks SAFE act law

A "gun control crusader" and a safe act lobbyist  didn't understand the gun control laws??? and he just made an "honest mistake"?? I'm sure that the anti gun morons would be just as understanding with you or me….. LOL!!  These LIBS really do place themselves above everyone else. They are elitist, hypocritical scum.

I normally wouldn't agree with shipping him off to prison and if anything I truly believe the kids were safer with him there packing.  his interests were messed up however I'm sure he's a good man.  that said he pushed this and therefore I say lock him up and take away his guns!!  hard lesson learned right there!

I can't tell you how much pleasure I get from this story, but as ants said, I'm afraid this turkey will likely skate on this one, simply because of the political correctness of his public attitudes on guns.

I had to google this guy and read some of the articles about this. I found a you tube video where they interview him before the safe act, after and then again after his arrest. He says he did not know it was against the law to have a weapon on school grounds. My feeling is he was a supporter of the safe act, he should have known that. But also that it would be nice to see him get whats coming to him. (Since he wad a supporter of ssfe act). Loss of guns and pistol permit, etc. A chairman of NY scope on that video says he is overcharged and that you should prosecute the gun crime not the gun owners (I dont remember exactly how he worded it). I figured seeing how this guy was a supporter of the safe act Scope wouldnt care if he was charged, not say he was overcharged. Not really sure what to make of this

Edited by boo711

Definitely an eye for an eye crowd here.  When I look at this objectively, I believe the law is a bad law (as do all of you) but, for that very reason, this guy should get a pass, supporter or not.  I don't want to see him treated differently (and I know many will argue that he will be if not prosecuted), but would prefer that all in the same position get the same pass.  The situation certainly highlights the absurd nature of the law.  Perhaps it will result in an amendment to the law. 

In good conscience, I could not wish for the prosecution of a law I think is wrong, regardless of who committed the infraction.  Seems hypocritical to argue for enforcement of the law against someone who supported it, if I would not argue for the same type of enforcement against someone who opposed the law under the same circumstances.

• Like 1

Definitely an eye for an eye crowd here.  When I look at this objectively, I believe the law is a bad law (as do all of you) but, for that very reason, this guy should get a pass, supporter or not.  I don't want to see him treated differently (and I know many will argue that he will be if not prosecuted), but would prefer that all in the same position get the same pass.  The situation certainly highlights the absurd nature of the law.  Perhaps it will result in an amendment to the law. 

In good conscience, I could not wish for the prosecution of a law I think is wrong, regardless of who committed the infraction.  Seems hypocritical to argue for enforcement of the law against someone who supported it, if I would not argue for the same type of enforcement against someone who opposed the law under the same circumstances.

That is a great thought, right up to the point that a "regular" person DOES get prosecuted under the same section.

That is a great thought, right up to the point that a "regular" person DOES get prosecuted under the same section.

I agree Culver that everyone should be treated the same, but doesn't a pass by this guy demonstrate the absurdity of the law.  Hopefully, it would give prosecutors some pause and at least precedent on to handle the situation.

I have no idea how it will be handled, but my opinion on how it should be handled under these same cicumstances cannot be dictated by who committed the infraction.  That is just as bad as unequal treatment by the prosecutors.  IMHO.

• Like 1

After thinking about it ….maybe it's better if he does get a pass. That way anyone else, who gets caught up in this farce of a law can point to this case and say why me and not him?……...

And that will happen if he gets a pass.