What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

So reading this thread got me in the mood to try to make a stuffed venison backstrap. I took a 10" smaller backstrap and butterflied it. I spread chopped garlic, diced onion, and crushed townhouse crackers seasoned with garlic pepper in side. I then sprinkled some parmesan cheese inside too and drizzled with some olive oil.

I folded it over and used toothpicks to hold it together. I then used a dry rub on the outside and wrapped it in foil and refrigerated overnight. My plan is to pan sear it to get a good crust on the outside in a cast iron skillet and finish in the oven for a few minutes. Can't wait to try this in a few hours. I didn't want to go to the store so I used what I could find in cupboards. I will post before and after pics.

I also took the other half of the backstrap and sliced it into medallions and marinated in Italian dressing for the kids. I will grill those later as well.

• Like 3

Well the grilled medallions were totally Awesome!!! Cooked perfectly and the kids loved them.post-287-0-62328800-1451860668_thumb.jpg

The backstrap was easy to sear and bake off but did not turn out as I expected. It wasn't bad but it wasn't spectacular. I will need to try again with a different stuffing.

post-287-0-40374000-1451860794_thumb.jpg

post-287-0-43417400-1451860820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zem18

Well the grilled medallions were totally Awesome!!! Cooked perfectly and the kids loved them.attachicon.gifIMG_20160103_161454588.jpg

The backstrap was easy to sear and bake off but did not turn out as I expected. It wasn't bad but it wasn't spectacular. I will need to try again with a different stuffing.

Last one I made was great ! Coated all side of meat with olive oil, salt , pepper, garlic powder , and a little chipotle chilli powder. Stuffed with arugula, spinach , fresh basil , finely minced raw garlic , and goat cheese. Cooked same way you did it .... Touchy though to get a nice med rare throughout ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've gained 13 lb since thanksgiving so I started a 7 day diet today I did this diet in april and lost 15.8lb hopefully I get similar results today I'm just eating fruit all day then vegetables all day tomorrow

• Like 1

5 Guys

Haha great minds think alike.

I haven't had a greasy burger since August or even a single French fry but my wife asked me what I wanted for dinner tonight. I had a craving and ended up at Five Guys and brought home burgers and fries for the whole family. Man was that tasty!!!

• Like 2

Fired up the grill for a couple t-bones. Along with that roasted baby golds, jalapeno stuffed mushrooms ( used my homemade canned jalapeno's ), sauteed garlic and shallots to top the steak, and garlic steamed asparagus ( yes, we love our garlic in this house ). Might wash it down with a Grolsch.

post-5489-0-94376200-1452293273_thumb.jp

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 3