What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I finally got to eat a meal out of the split pea soup... I had to thin it a little bit with chicken broth but that was the only adjustment needed.  The sweet flavor of the carrots made this dish perfect.  I sent most of the soup off to my family but will be making this again

split pea soup.jpg

• Like 4

Have wings going.  Trying some different, convection baking for awhile, then deep frying to crisp.  Looking for tender chicken, with crunchy exterior. 

Oh! And I added Bionic’s Chicken rub...that stuff he sells.

D09CC06B-B1F1-4A39-A336-49EF531999C4.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 4

Have wings going.  Trying some different, convection baking for awhile, then deep frying to crisp.  Looking for tender chicken, with crunchy exterior. 

D09CC06B-B1F1-4A39-A336-49EF531999C4.thumb.jpeg.526b4130479bddb6d75ddf36d7d784b7.jpeg

I’ve steamed the wings before for about 10 minutes...dry them and let them sit...then either roast on high heat to finish/crisp or plunge in the golden bath!!!
Alton Brown from Food Network is my go-to guy for making basic stuff right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I’ve steamed the wings before for about 10 minutes...dry them and let them sit...then either roast on high heat to finish/crisp or plunge in the golden bath!!!
Alton Brown from Food Network is my go-to guy for making basic stuff right.

He has great recipes! 

D09CC06B-B1F1-4A39-A336-49EF531999C4.thumb.jpeg.526b4130479bddb6d75ddf36d7d784b7.jpeg

That would be a good way to do it, another way is to fry them at 275 till they are cooked. Do this the day before or the morning before you want to eat them. Then when you went to eat fry at 350 till crisp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chef said:

That would be a good way to do it, another way is to fry them at 275 till they are cooked. Do this the day before or the morning before you want to eat them. Then when you went to eat fry at 350 till crisp

Interesting! Thanks for the tip, i will give that a try some time too since I am already dedicated to this.  Spice mixing tomorrow...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Post up the recipe. I’ve got a neck roast just waiting

Real easy Moho.   

this one I put in last night before bed on low in crockpot:

frozen neck roast

4 cups of beef broth

6-8 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped

2 large opinions (cut into large chunks)

salt, pepper,  rosemary, time

the next morning I added:

carrots, celery, 2 cans of Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup but a rue works just as well to thicken.  

cook another 4-6 hours.  

you can do it all same day starting in morning.   Just be sure to let the meat defrost and cook down some before you add carrots and celery.   The meat will have the texture of shredded beef.   If it’s tougher than that it’s not  done.  It goes from tough to silky smooth when all the connective tissue has cooked away.  If you didn’t debone it before you bagged it, you can pull the bones when the meat falls away.  

awesome over mashed potatoes but now tacks has me thinking about biscuits too.  Maybe leftovers tomorrow.  

• Like 2

These are the BEST wings that I have made to date! This is what I expect from a restaurant.  Crispy exterior, with a juicy tender interior.  This is the ONLY way I will make wings, from here on out. Frank’s Red hot for me, and Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce/Mild Buffalo mix for her.

1EF5B58F-B5C2-425F-A077-1072AD927E93.jpeg

CDFA0B26-B4EA-4465-9CB1-5B6CFD4EA3AE.jpeg

557C637F-0C42-4B16-980C-5FA8E1D1F577.jpeg

1098CA25-E336-4311-94DA-2CD059BB8B4F.jpeg

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Bionic said:

These are the BEST wings that I have made to date! This is what I expect from a restaurant.  Crispy exterior, with a juicy tender interior.  This is the ONLY way I will make wings, from here on out. Frank’s Red hot for me, and Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce/Mild Buffalo mix for her.

1EF5B58F-B5C2-425F-A077-1072AD927E93.jpeg

CDFA0B26-B4EA-4465-9CB1-5B6CFD4EA3AE.jpeg

557C637F-0C42-4B16-980C-5FA8E1D1F577.jpeg

1098CA25-E336-4311-94DA-2CD059BB8B4F.jpeg

Oh man those look good.cant wait to eat right again.been dealing with a bad wisdom tooth that infected my jaw(started last thurs),making it hard to eat anything at all.i want chicken wings and cold beer!!!!this is brutal

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Oh man those look good.cant wait to eat right again.been dealing with a bad wisdom tooth that infected my jaw(started last thurs),making it hard to eat anything at all.i want chicken wings and cold beer!!!!this is brutal

Ah sorry pal! Hoping you feel better ASAP! I was excited for how tender/crispy these wings turned out, baked for about an hour, then deep fried until crispy.  Hang in there!