Is orange a part of your gear

Borngeechee

During firearm season for deer , always a hat and a vest or full coat of blaze orange.

When hunting small game in the brush ( rabbits or upland birds) I generally wear an orange vest and hat, especially when hunting with a partner or partners.

Turkey hunting, waterfowl hunting, varmint hunting, full camo.

I no longer bowhunt, but when I did it was always in full camo.

orange hat all the time.  However I do not feel it necessary to make others safer

I don't think the majority of us wear it to make others feel safer....I'm fairly confident I won't shoot another person whether or not they're wearing it, I wear it to make myself feel safer.

Orange during gun and muzzle loader when I'm on the ground.  For sure.  I keep a vest in my pack.  When I'm in my stand I stay as dark as possible.  During ML season I wear a blaze camo parka that I have (Bass Pro Brand) all the time because it is warmest coat I own!  

post-1049-0-69770400-1407718761_thumb.jp

post-1049-0-90639400-1407718746_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I don't think the majority of us wear it to make others feel safer....I'm fairly confident I won't shoot another person whether or not they're wearing it, I wear it to make myself feel safer.

Oh making others safer is exactly why anyone wears it.  they become safer and do not shoot you.  You are confident and so am I, and I completely trust every person I hunt with.  If you felt that way about everyone you would not wear orange.  You are making them safer as I said so they do not shoot you.  if they seee your orange and do not shoot sat you, you have made them safer.  Simple as that.

• Like 1

During gun season for deer I always wear an orange vest & hat. Bow season is full camo.

I hunt predators 98% of the time after dark so it's a non issue.

Dom, you may want to test the pink out in low light to be sure that it's not too "whitish". I read a study once that was testing the best camo that deer cant see and pink camo was actually #1

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

During deer gun season here in NYS I always have a vest or hat on when walking.  I will sometimes take off both when in a tree stand but the vest is hung above my head or draped over the front of the stand.

In PA the vest and hat must stay on at all times when gun hunting.

During bow, duck, turkey nothing.  Pheasant (rare these days for me) always an orange hat.

• Like 1