Mountain lion in cold spring ?

oblivitar

LOL! The DEC spokeswoman said, "we would see scat & prints".

Oh yeah I'm sure they have scat spotters scouring every square foot of the state. Ask yourself this. Does every deer in the state get spotted by a person every year? Can the average person tell the difference between mtn. lion scat and scat from native animals? I'm sure 2 or 3 animals could stay under the radar for quite a while. While unlikely, it's not impossible. How quickly people forget the one that came to NYS from S.Dakota just a year or two ago.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

These animals might be able to stay under the radar for a short period of time but there is no way with all the trail cameras and people who are actually looking to prove the DEC wrong there wouldn't be pics!!!

Could be possible but I want proof before I believe it.  Just look on the forums with people from out west they have all kinds of mountain lion pics. 

• Like 2

One got killed by a car in Conn a year or so ago, and it must have come through NY state, because it was determined it traveled from the Dakota's over time.  Funny NY state says they are not here, but also say you can't shoot one here if you see one.  Why would they need to say that if they are surely not here?

Also, the state always tries to nullify any actual evidence of one in the state by claiming it must have been a domestic animal that was released by someone.

One got killed by a car in Conn a year or so ago, and it must have come through NY state, because it was determined it traveled from the Dakota's over time.  Funny NY state says they are not here, but also say you can't shoot one here if you see one.  Why would they need to say that if they are surely not here?

Also, the state always tries to nullify any actual evidence of one in the state by claiming it must have been a domestic animal that was released by someone.

That raises a question : Can I shoot sasquatch if I see one?  They're here but no season for them. Going to get it mounted in a full Jack Links pose. 

LOL! The DEC spokeswoman said, "we would see scat & prints".

Oh yeah I'm sure they have scat spotters scouring every square foot of the state. Ask yourself this. Does every deer in the state get spotted by a person every year? Can the average person tell the difference between mtn. lion scat and scat from native animals? I'm sure 2 or 3 animals could stay under the radar for quite a while. While unlikely, it's not impossible. How quickly people forget the one that came to NYS from S.Dakota just a year or two ago.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

And it left a trail of evidence like prints and scat that were found.

• Like 1

That raises a question : Can I shoot sasquatch if I see one?  They're here but no season for them. Going to get it mounted in a full Jack Links pose. 

You see my friend there realy are no sasquatch they are no more then a pimate chimp monnkey/gorrilla.A while back just a few miles from my home there was a monkey farm and would not be suprised if some have exscaped and have adapp to their environment.Anyone frm this area know's where that farm was.CLYDE on the loose 

Nothing in the game laws says you can't.  But the game laws do say you can't shoot a mountain lion.

It's simple "THE STATE" has no evidence that mountain lions have a breeding population in NY STATE but on the off chance some mountain lion would like to breed in NY STATE they don't want some dumb ass trigger happy hunter blasting it. I'm sure mountain lions are ignorant of the conspiracy surrounding them created by THE STATE.

Disclaimer: All STATES appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real STATES, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

There are a few groups looking into mountain lions in the northeast. None have proven they are here yet. They have gotten lots of reported sighting, but no real proof. They are tracking slighting and trying to compile info. If anyone is interested in them, check out the links below

http://ctmountainlion.org/

http://trackincats.com/

Not saying they are here or if they are just occasional wanders, just passing a few links along to those that might be interested