Getting your deer home

Borngeechee

I drove a Camry before and stuffed the deer in garbage bags and into the trunk. Even though I drive a compact SUV now, I'm thinking of quartering it on the field this year and putting it into a plastic tub in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real men drive trucks...<>....

However, if you are a girly man and don't own a truck, throw the critter in the trunk.

Do us and yourself a favor and don't tie it on the outside of the vehicle..

I drive a mustang lol but want a jeep wrangler bad. I wonder if it'll fit in my trunk.

I've stuffed a few deer in a trunk. Nothin wrong with it. Now I have a trailer hitch cargo rack on my JEEP. Works pretty good. I wrap the deer in a tarp first to keep road crud and exhaust fumes off of it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I drove a Camry before and stuffed the deer in garbage bags and into the trunk. Even though I drive a compact SUV now, I'm thinking of quartering it on the field this year and putting it into a plastic tub in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You saw my car lol I may have to cram it in the trunk .

Ive done the car truck suv the truck.Is by far the easiest last year I.traded.my vehicle in to.get the wife and 3 little kids some better and safer transportation and now I.drive my wife's old car I used it last year all.the fear goes in.the trunk and the deer on.top of the trunk. By next year I'll be back.in a truck

Years ago we transported the deer from camp to Long Island. Got dirty looks even the whole family including preteen children giving me the bird!! This was on rt 17 not the Island. Had a guy make a shape with his hand like a gun and pretended to shoot my brother and I on the GWB. It all wasn't worth it. We ended up finding a meat processor at my camp and leave the deer behind. My neighbor will pick them up and store them until I come back up. It's a good excuse to get in a late season hunt. lol

• Like 1

For many years we would carry them on the roof of Chevy. blazers at times up to 4 in one trip.

Now that I hunt just my own property I just put them in the bucket of my JD and take it down to my block and tackle and let it hang for a day or two. weather permitting.

Since I have a carpeted bed sissy truck that I don't want to dirty, I throw my deer in Phade's truck. I enjoy the benefit of a clean truck and Phade can pretend that he actually killed a deer. Symbiotic relationship at its finest.

What a great hunting partner ! :girlcrazy: