Would you?

Five Seasons

For me, No. I like the unknown of what I might see or hear while out. Wouldn't want a button to tell me what was going to happen.

I agree on this one.

I'm sure you couldn't get that button to tell you exactly what you'd see........case in point today I saw three bucks, one doe, an adult gobbler, a hen and three poults.  Quite a day IMO.

• Like 1

No that's why I don't even use trail cams.......i don't wanna know what's out there....if it makes my heart pound it's dead....and if nothing shows I got to hear the woods wake up or go to sleep worth every min....

That would be hard for me because every deer makes my heart thump!!!

• Like 1

I agree with you guys. The unknown is what gets me out there. I love "the hunt". This morning my alarm went off and I didn't sleep great. I laid there wondering what if today is the day a big boy walks by? The Bills being on a bye convinced me to hunt the afternoon instead. I know... I suck.

I agree with you guys. The unknown is what gets me out there. I love "the hunt". This morning my alarm went off and I didn't sleep great. I laid there wondering what if today is the day a big boy walks by? The Bills being on a bye convinced me to hunt the afternoon instead. I know... I suck.

I had a late start to the morning too but thing that got me out there anyways was knowing that you won't see them from the bedroom

I would have to say no although there are a lot of morning I would think about it. My neighbor and I hunt together and it is about a 45 min drive to the lease. He text me yesterday at 4:30 and asked if I was still going with the howling wind. My reply was can't see them from my bed. So off we went. I had a spike right under my stand and saw two doe that wouldn't break 30 yds. He saw a spike, a 4 or 6 and 4 doe. Neither one of us got a shot but as far as I am concerned it was a great morning. I went expecting to see nothing the way the wind was blowing.....and I got to say I told you so....which was the best part....

not before before a hunt but I would love to look back on a season once its over and see how close I was,maybe deer that saw/smelt/sensed me and never came in and what not.

^^ alot of times I hear movement and never know what was there. Always has me wondering how close I was.

That would be hard for me because every deer makes my heart thump!!!

This is true for me too. My heart is always going even if its a deer I know i cant shoot, just because I know if 1 deer is moving there might be something right behind it.

If it would indicate little chance  or no chance of seeing anything, I could sleep in a bit and not use any fuel to drive out to the areas I hunt and back.  I could use the time for other things that need to get done.

I overslept yesterday and decided that 20 mph winds that may gust to 30 is a little too much for the bow and probably not great to hunt pheasants with a gun either.  Took care a few things around the house instead.

Still have leaves to rake, problem is 70% of them are on the trees still and are green.  Front yard trees dropped leaves, the side and back yard where most of trees are are still green and full.

Need the button to give me the all clear to rake up once all the leaves have fallen and no chance of hunting success for the day.

Some days I certainly would, others day I don't care if I see anything or not, sometimes you need some treestand therapy.

these are exactly my thoughts. Most of the time i just love being in my stand.

ill tell you tho, id like to push a button that would make a slammer walk by my stand lol

No way 99% of the time would I want to have an arranged or pre-determined encounter. BUT...Sitting in the stand Monday AM, was wondering what I was doing wrong, not seeing any mature bucks, was I in wrong place, where are they... I'd have hit the magic button then, mostly out of frustration. In hindsight, I probaly would have regreted hitting the button.

ill tell you tho, id like to push a button that would make a slammer walk by my stand lol

I know you meant it as a joke, but it's sort of the same thing though isn't it? Would you feel as happy and would it be as rewarding? What you're really talking about is similar to just buying a cadged hunt haha.