Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested.

I am sure he will just get a slap on the wrist.

the embarrassment and shame associated with his fall from grace is punishment enough..........looks like someone is finally going after these crooked politicians, he's not the first to go down in the recent past.

That's "millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks". I guess if you're going to be a crook ..... do it right. I have a feeling that he may get quite a bit more than just a slap on the wrist. His influence is gone, and he has the Feds after him. They don't usually leave any loopholes in their cases. Here's hoping anyways.

• Like 1

The charges are serious and I doubt a slap on the wrist will be the result.  The US Atty will make an example of him, IMHO.  He is not the only NY legislator with these types of arrangements, including both Democrats and Republicans.  The fall out will be interesting.  I guarantee many others are squirming right now.

Well after reading the complaint , I think old Silver is going to need to sequel like a pig to get out of this.Also I hope they have revoked his pistol permit, and enforced the NY Safe Act and taken all of his firearms.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/253412499/US-v-Sheldon-Silver-Complaint

I believe you meant Squeal not sequel ............ :taunt:

• Like 1

I am sure he will just get a slap on the wrist.

Not this time.. the Feds don't arrest people unless there is going to be hell to pay... not to mention they said to "Stay tuned".. meaning this is only the tip of the iceberg... he's gonna turn over and others are gonna go down as well... you watch.

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1