Safe Act Trying to Repeal it Sign it

Everyone sign it even if the current Albany won't change it, they will get the message.

Important to keep this up sign and support any Pro gun bill you see. I don't know if all here know the NYS police will be doing AMMO BACK GROUND CHECKS soon, as per SAFE ACT. So if you were thinking it don't effect you it will.  

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/standing-our-second-amendment-rights

Edited by Huntscreek
  • Like 2

I signed it but have been told in the past that on-line petitions were not valid and pretty much meaningless ...................

Maybe invalid as far as legalities go, but when he stands up to address the politburo people have to listen. There is no act of defiance too small to be heard.

I signed it but have been told in the past that on-line petitions were not valid and pretty much meaningless ...................

I think those thoughts are based on the online petitions that are started by people without position or the ability to get it in front of those that will be considering the bill. This is a state senator who is a sponsor of the repeal bill. I'm sure this petition will form a part of the supporting paperwork for the consideration of this bill. 

By the way, I am happy to announce that Rich Funke is the senate candidate that I voted for and supported and is the man that defeated his Democrat opponent who had signed the Safe Act, Senator Funke vigorously made the Safe Act a centerpiece of his campaign. The gun owners of our district did their thing and were successful in showing what can happen to those that support radical gun control legislation. Mister (Mister .... not Senator) Ted O'Brien thinks about that every day, I'm sure.

You know, it may actually make some sense to take Funke's web-site address and email it to any hunting buddies or gun club members that you know. Take it to a meeting at the gun clubs. Just generally show it to every pro-gun person that you know and strongly urge them to participate. No point in keeping it a secret. Here is something that everyone can do to help get rid of the Safe Act that is almost no effort or time spent at all. You probably will not again see an effort to legislatively undo this so-called Safe Act. So it is now or never for the legislative attempt. Let's see if we can support this attempt. It's important that we at least show that we care enough to go on record as being pro-gun. Let's let another effort on our behalf fizzle because we don't support it. We're running out of options.

• Like 2

Too bad it is not applicable for a non-resident. Think of the non-residents who used to come to the state to shoot in events and competition who can no longer partake in such endeavors.

But you likely know friends or relatives here in NYS that could use a heads-up about the petition and the Funke web-site address noted in this thread. Why not drop them an e-mail strongly urging them to fill out this on-line petition. And by the way, it is not only gun owners that are eligible. If you know anybody that has a problem with legislators tampering with the 2nd Amendment they might want to help out also.