Trail Cams out ?

fasteddie

Have many of you put trail cams out to see what's going on in your hunting areas ?  I have 4 out in Geneseo but havn't checked them in about a month . I usually put a couple up in Walworth but due to it being by a swamp and the skeeters being out , I havn't set any up on that property yet . One of my Geneseo cams had quit on me the last time I checked it . It had a bunch of ants in the camera .

Right now I'm down in FL, but I have a camera out down here if that counts.  Trying to find out if the bear that is hanging around a spot we know of in Picayune Strand WMA has cubs.  If not, I'm really hoping to get a shot at it this year.  Going down to check it this weekend as long as the water isn't to high and we can get in with the Tracker.

Sort of.  It is on the border of the Everglades, and depending on the season parts of it range from high and dry to 2' under water.  The area I found the bear sign in was a LONG ways in, about as far from the entrance as you can get.  To get there, a lot of the trails go through cypress swamps.  When we were there last weekend there was about 1' of water, which the Tracker can handle, but once it gets to be much more than that I get a little nervous since we don't have a snorkel so if we hit a deep patch we may be in trouble. 

We saw a brute of a bear cross the road last week when we were in there... probably 300+ lbs.  It was a ways down the road and crossed fairly quick, but I could tell it's belly was only about a foot from the road. 

I have one out year around I just pulled it Wednesday and it had like 4000 pictures on it! I last pulled the card in late March lol. Lots of activity and the bucks are putting on a few inches of antler, I did notice less fawns this year not sure why.

I will get out another two shortly now that the bucks are growing headgear pretty good.

I had to raise my Trail cams the last time out . The grass was getting high and it has been to wet to cut the horse trails . I hope the guy that farms my sister in law's property can do something to get the field to drain . He has to make sure it isn't considered "wet lands" before doing anything . It's so darned wet that it will pull the boots right off of your feet .

I've had mine out since April.   I check them once in a while and move them around a bit.   One is just in the back yard, so no harm done checking it regularly as there is usually some kind of human activity in the yard.

Right now I'm down in FL, but I have a camera out down here if that counts.  Trying to find out if the bear that is hanging around a spot we know of in Picayune Strand WMA has cubs.  If not, I'm really hoping to get a shot at it this year.  Going down to check it this weekend as long as the water isn't to high and we can get in with the Tracker.

Do gators, water moccasins and rattlesnakes trip the trail cams ... lol.

I'm not sure just what I am waiting for. I have been threatening to get them out for a couple of months now, and just haven't done it. There is still so much going on, and the crap weather hasn't really motivated me to get out and put the cameras up.

Deer are stacking on growth. Bucks we got photos of on july 5th and then yesterday added ALOT of growth in a mere 4-5 days. And thats just by the small text size images we get. This is the best velvet time to get them on cam imo. The difference a few days makes is astounding.

78657cead06da785ab29830341bce295.jpg

e2e68728e10c2cffed396c97c6692365.jpg

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

Half up and running...lots of doe some with fawn some in groups of 3-4 no fawn  yotes ,raccoon,fox and not a single buck..and I won't complain on that ever again. Just moved some around this a.m.

about the only ambition I have other than picking peas this weekend...girls and I went on a wine tour Friday... :drinks:  Eeegadds we took one of the wine makers out to lunch(a friend)... he bought the wine .....Sooo much fun but I'm getting to old for that much fun... ;)

Edited by growalot