LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Hunted dark to dark yesterday. Saw zero deer and one bear. Have a few rubs nearby and the ground is carpeted with acorns on an oak ridge. This spot is usually crawling with deer early season!  Pulled the cam with zero pic's as well. Back at work today, time to rethink my options for next weekend!

Hunted dark to dark yesterday. Saw zero deer and one bear. Have a few rubs nearby and the ground is carpeted with acorns on an oak ridge. This spot is usually crawling with deer early season! Pulled the cam with zero pic's as well. Back at work today, time to rethink my options for next weekend!

Didn't shoot the bear?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hunted dark to dark yesterday. Saw zero deer and one bear. Have a few rubs nearby and the ground is carpeted with acorns on an oak ridge. This spot is usually crawling with deer early season!  Pulled the cam with zero pic's as well. Back at work today, time to rethink my options for next weekend!

Do the bear push deer out?  We don't have bear around here, but I could see that being an issue.  I have always wanted hunt an area with bear, but maybe not if it ruins the deer hunting.

Do the bear push deer out?  We don't have bear around here, but I could see that being an issue.  I have always wanted hunt an area with bear, but maybe not if it ruins the deer hunting.

We have had bears here for as long as I can remember. But over the last ten to fifteen years their population has increased quite a bit. They travel more than deer do and I don't think that they will push deer out, as much as say a bunch of coyotes would. The bear yesterday, got to within sixty yards or so. Outside of my comfortable bow range while hunting. The main "problem" in my area now is the overabundance of food this year. The acorns and an array of other nuts are literally covering the ground on the farm property where I hunted yesterday. The deer,after feeding the night before, were most likely laid up feeling like I do after thanksgiving dinner! Can't ever remember not seeing a deer from this set up though.

• Like 1

Been out twice so far this season, and havent seen a deer yet. Plenty of trail cam pics but no sightings yet...

only have seen 5 coyotes so far, harvested one of them. heard them howling last night.. i think i need to break out the pup distress call this week and the rifle.. unreal the amount of coyotes this year. 

• Like 1