LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Had a great afternoon...deer won

I had to turn my cell off...the gang was out at the winery and texting me non stop...lol...One of the new parcels land owners was with them... He hit a big bucks hip with his car driving down the run way drive...wants me to come out hunting some more...Anyways the spiker from the night before came down that same scent trail I made but this time I was in that stand. He's what I call a halo buck...10in. curved spikes that meet over the bridge of the nose...we always have a couple every year. He turned at 19yrds and at 12 gave me a standing heart side pose...then walked down wind...100ft and his nose went up like snoopy and he tried so hard to pinpoint me...but I had sprayed urine on either side of the stand...he just wasn't sure but not spooked either.

Then the doe and fawn entered the lane way right at the blind and fed for a long time..It was getting towards close when I heard the leafs behind me and Oh so stealth the big old doe from the night before was sneaking in down wind of me and right where she saw me standing last night. of course the wind picked up and she wasn't having any of it...I couldn't even turn for a shot she was spooking at every thing and then down went the foot...she gave a qiuck snort and stomped away...by that time she had every deer in the lane way on alert and then left as well...Hhhmmm she has to go..

Though I now know what I wanted to find out...how they are reacting to the blind and where are they coming into it...I have a set of fawns bedding in the woods between the far corner stand and the blind....so I will need to make that a very early all afternoon sit...I'll have to load a book or movie on the Kindle ;)

Getting ready to go out but the wind is gusting pretty good and out of the SSE...perhaps a blind sit this morning. Going to be windy all day then rain for the afternoon hunt.

Edited by growalot

My buddy let me hunt his stand last night in 9h ,they were on a move for sure ,I lost count of how many doe I saw ,all within 20 yards but no shot through the pine tree,had a little spike come under the stand at one point . This morning is gonna be high success rate for sure for alot of people . Good luck today people.

Got a late start iPhone did an overnight update and locked up, that is my alarm so not good. Woke up at 6:34!I answered natures call, dressed, filled the thermos and was still in the tree before 7am. I am usually in stand by 6:30 ish but bumped nothin on the way in and got here before legal. I did hit a fresh scrape made last night so that is good. It's 38 and 5-10 wind

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1