LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Hunting 9F and deer movement has slowed alot since last week. Hunted this morning and saw 1 doe cut across a field way in the distance. Hunting this afternoon along a brushy field edge, hoping they will move to eat.

Only good news is I found this rub today about 75 yds from my stand.

post-5632-0-67667700-1445629214_thumb.jp

Edited by HFBPA889
  • Like 2

Sign is starting to pick up, few new scrapes and "I think I found a rub " lol

3d9e06a69bd8664c5840447fa5689922.jpg

Cam is 40 yds away over a scrape n got two new boys in town .... The ten point is a public land stud!! Second guy looks to have some decent width ....

a40d9e267884dbc2356aed2a17069708.jpg

0886a1bbd6bed690ad7797a665712e1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful. Looks like a Native American buck. Lol
  • Like 2

Interesting morning. Watched a doe with two fawns feeding out in the field. One fawn kept jumping and running back and forth like it was being bothered by bugs but then it suddenly put its nose to the ground and started trailing like a mature buck. It followed the doe across twenty yards and tried to mount her! Momma put an end to that with a well-placed kick.

After some more jumping and running around the little guy repeatedly tried to mount the other fawn. I'm thinking it was his sister and she just kept running away.

Pretty darn funny to watch, kind of like the junior high students I taught...,

I'm thinking this little guy could be a real stud some day! If only he makes it through this year.

that happens Upstate a lot from what I hear........

• Like 1

This is my only stand that requires me to walk any distance in the hardwoods, leaves super crunchy .... blew 3 or 4 deer out of the woods walking in. I'm 25 yards from a mowed trail that runs between the thick stuff and hardwoods, runs from cut beans to corn .

I look over my left shoulder see an antler through a bunch of saplings it's headed my way , as I turn my seat cushion makes some very slight noise, Buck does a 180.

See one small doe hop out of thick stuff into corn.

I get to my car which is parked on a mowed lane 300 feet from road and 700 from hardwood.

Open trunk two doors, change pack up,slam doors and trunk start car and as I drive around a bend, 3 deer are standing in lane 50 yards from where I'm parked.....

Well I've got it narrowed down to 3 easy to get to stands for the morning .

Edited by Larry302

Tally for the evening ... 1 doe early , 2 little bucks ,a fawn , and 2 more mature doe's at last light ... Found 3 more scrapes on a diff route out ... Things are almost there boys , just about time for all day sits here within the next week ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk