LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Sitting a new stand and the wind seems to blowing in every direction. Heard a buck grunting off in the distance before first light. Had a fork horn come down wind of me and seemed to get skidish, probably smelled some stink. I will continue to wait patiently...or maybe not.

papist, you hunting big boy ?

I also hunt 9H (Eagle, Bliss) although not til gun season for me

I've been hunting Big boy for 3 seasons now, since he was a wee 8 pointer.   :)

Back in for coffee though. Saw some doe this mornin, not on the menu this season however. Gotta work for a few hours and then back out for the evening sit.

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

What a fubu morning..Not sure if thats the correct term but it wasn't good!...So The wind is howling and it is cold... get all set...decide I really want to check out the garden stand where the 8 has come in during the mornings..wind was actually perfect for this...get up in the stand every thing set..watching the red sky wake up...reach to pull my release out of my sleeve...WT_!! no release...leave everything in the stand and go back to the house..can't find it..finally look under porch chair and there it had fallen...back to stand...by 8:30 I was getting sea sick and a bit afraid...so I get down to go to the blind,,,what is bedded right under it...a buck..and off he goes,,,not sure how big...get to the blind and I just know as bad as the wind is they just aren't going to be doing any thing...hopefully the rain holds off ..but doubting it...grabbed cards from 2 stands cams I had to walk by ...was in need of coffee and a rest stop ;) ...

Well while I have not gone out due to wind direction and been out in different stands...this is what these 2 had going on....first is cam at base of the stand tree...second the cam is 10 yrds to the left of stand...lol

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

I have a big grey tabby on my cam...that thing gets around and apparently has been eating well....with all the fox and some dang big yotes around...... I'm really surprised that the ferral cats are still showing up...The farmer we bought the land from use to feed, literally dozens of them of their kitchen porch. they bred like cockroaches. Then they passed away within a year off each other and those cats dispersed every where! :rolleyes:

Edited by growalot

In a new spot. 7A. A strip of woods between two fields about 75-100 yards wide at best. Lots of hickory nuts around.

Mostly I'm afraid this tree is going to fall on me.

I started in a different spot, but soon got a visit from the landowners dogs as they were out walking.

Was in a

1c. Saw two bucks at last light last night two far for a shot. Then Two 8ptrs were squaring each other up this am at first light. Also too far for a shot. Shot a a doe this morning because I was frustrated. Packaged and in the fridge. Tarsal gland is hanging from my pull up rope. Could hear a mouse fart. Hoping luck changes a bit. Looking at a fresh scrape.

c107d9187e66a3cff9655e9ed0189da6.jpg

• Like 2

1c. Saw two bucks at last light last night two far for a shot. Then Two 8ptrs were squaring each other up this am at first light. Also too far for a shot. Shot a a doe this morning because I was frustrated. Packaged and in the fridge. Tarsal gland is hanging from my pull up rope. Could hear a mouse fart. Hoping luck changes a bit. Looking at a fresh scrape.

c107d9187e66a3cff9655e9ed0189da6.jpg

Not sure why seeing 4 bucks and shooting a doe you would want your luck to change!! I would say that ain't to bad o luck!

• Like 2

I figured I'd give the curse of 60 road a shot! Had one doe cross the trail on my way in..

Spent the day collecting scrape dirt and lick branches from a prop we can't hunt and put in some mock scrapes at a couple of my stands.. My deep hole stand had 6/7 fresh scrapes around it. Bout time the scraping has got going!

Edited by Fletch