All rutted up.

WNY Bowhunter

Great pictures, especially the one with the second buck in the background of the big bucks rack. 

Not trying to be difficult, but I'd be careful if there is a mineral lick type attractant bringing that deer in so consistently, especially if you are hunting near it. 

Great pictures, especially the one with the second buck in the background of the big bucks rack. 

Not trying to be difficult, but I'd be careful if there is a mineral lick type attractant bringing that deer in so consistently, especially if you are hunting near it. 

So are you saying when someone gets a picture of a nice buck, they must be baiting to get the picture? I don't see any evidence of baiting on the pictures posted on this thread. Why would it be suggested otherwise?

This camera is strategically placed on a hedgerow gap that connects two fields. The huge red oak directly above the camera is dropping acorns like crazy and that's the reason that this deer is around so much. He was actually MIA the whole first week of October.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 1

So are you saying when someone gets a picture of a nice buck, they must be baiting to get the picture? I don't see any evidence of baiting on the pictures posted on this thread. Why would it be suggested otherwise?

No, not when someone just gets a picture of a nice buck. I just thought it was possible seeing that the buck seems to pose front and center, several different days, several minutes at a time between pics, from different directions, appearing to focus on the same spot. 

I'm not trying to ruin any trail cam fun, but I'm also not a fan of hunting over bait (not accusing b/c I suppose anything is possible). Odd thing for me is that someone putting food out for early trail cam pics does not bother me (and I realize thats illegal too). But the thought of someone hunting over minerals or food does not sit as well. 

No, not when someone just gets a picture of a nice buck. I just thought it was possible seeing that the buck seems to pose front and center, several different days, several minutes at a time between pics, from different directions, appearing to focus on the same spot.

I'm not trying to ruin any trail cam fun, but I'm also not a fan of hunting over bait (not accusing b/c I suppose anything is possible). Odd thing for me is that someone putting food out for early trail cam pics does not bother me (and I realize thats illegal too). But the thought of someone hunting over minerals or food does not sit as well.

Two bucks in one picture is not impossible. Acorns that fall from a tree is not bait.

I think that is a doe

Are those cell cam pics? That's painful for your buddy to know he could've been there...

No, I check the cam for him every few days. His stand is on the across the field in the direction the buck came from. There are no stands by the camera...it's set in a small gap where they drive the tractor between the two fields and it makes a perfect spot to get pics.

• Like 1