Someone shot a buck this morning...

phade

This guy popped out of a stand of pines and was heading in the wrong direction. At 66yds I decided to grunt which turned him around. He came back to about 40 but had no shot. Started to leave again so I grunted and snort wheezed. Why not. And low and behold he came back and two my left for a 32yd shot.

We have several cam shots of him. I actually told phade I would be happy to shoot him. Big bodied and named him tank. Not the biggest of those we have on cam but I couldn't be happier. First time I truly called a buck in.

7BEBFC76-B468-412A-A6AC-6F4F5C4AFFF7.jpg

Thanks belo. Not what I would call a stud but good representative 3 yr old. Lacks width. Not complaining. It was an exciting hunt and I would shoot him again under the same conditions

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 4

Thanks belo. Not what I would call a stud but good representative 3 yr old. Lacks width. Not complaining. It was an exciting hunt and I would shoot him again under the same conditions

any 3.5 is a stud to me. ESPECIALLY with the stick and string. Here's my nomenclature

1.5 - little guy or scrub buck

2.5 - nice buck, tweener

3.5 - stud, shooter, mounter

4.5 and up - monster

• Like 2