FISHER!!

Lawdwaz

Trapped this female a few years ago. One of my favorite furbearer's.

Can't figure out why the F ing photo's are sideways.

Nice mount!

Try turning your phone or device sideways when you take the pic?  I can't tell you why, but it seems to work for me? I'm perhaps the least computer savy person on this forum, so keep that in mind too!  :umnik:

Nice mount!

Try turning your phone or device sideways when you take the pic?  I can't tell you why, but it seems to work for me? I'm perhaps the least computer savy person on this forum, so keep that in mind too!  :umnik:

Thanks for the advice. I tried to rotate the photo in my downloads but obviously it didn't work.

When it comes to being technology challenged , I am King.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to rotate the photo in my downloads but obviously it didn't work.

When it comes to being technology challenged , I am King.

I have noticed that when I post from anything but a PC it rotates the pic. I have had luck rotating it, then attaching and previewing it, then un rotating the pic a reposting it. Pain in butt anyway you shake it.

I have on occasion treed Fisher with my dogs, they go through the tree tops with unbelievable speed like a giant squirrel. Like I said I wish there were a lot more of those Porcupine eaters around.

2007-10-11_094057.jpg

Joe Boy a Redline Airedale

2008-10-04_100540.jpg

This poor guy is not mine but I had a female Coonhound that was quilled up just about as bad, talk about a nightmare.

2007-02-17_055345.jpg

Edited by airedale

I saw and shot a porcupine with my Xbow in PA several years ago on Halloween. I didn't know what I was looking at first. Saw it from about a hundred yards away at first. I put a stalk on it and killed it. Really cool animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw and shot a porcupine with my Xbow in PA several years ago on Halloween. I didn't know what I was looking at first. Saw it from about a hundred yards away at first. I put a stalk on it and killed it. Really cool animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect Biz, they aren't hard to stalk. If they didn't have all those quills, they wouldn't be hard to stomp on.

• Like 2

I'll agree fishers are very cool critters. I get a few pictures on trail cam every year but its rare I get many daylight pics, here's a photogenic little guy from last fall. Sorry if picture quality is bad on here... I also have a 14lb male mounted that was hit by a car in front of me years ago.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

post-5688-14586557597703_thumb.jpg

post-5688-14586557977521_thumb.jpg

post-5688-14586558417028_thumb.jpg

post-5688-1458655880184_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrisw
  • Like 1

Airedale,  those dogs got nailed pretty bad!   We were grouse hunting one time & my buddy yells out "look at the size of that squirrel"  & shoots  out of the tree top falls a 15# porcupine!   We all lol & ask him where the hell did you ever see a squirrel that big ??

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect Biz, they aren't hard to stalk. If they didn't have all those quills, they wouldn't be hard to stomp on.

Growing up, we used to run up to Porkies and get their quills stuck in the soles of our boots. We used to see who could get the most quills in a certain amount of time.