All day spring turkey hunting

noodle one

I see PA is thinking of opening spring turkey all day. What are your thoughts on this for NY? I for one am all for it, most of the hens have been already been breed and have laid their eggs by the time season has opened and you can get some kids out for the afternoon hunts. Most of all the states have all day spring hunting, why not NY? 

• Like 1

I was just thinking about the half day thing, what is the reason behind it anyway?

I'm all for a April opener and full  day hunting.

The reason for that it so that the hens can sit on their nests without being disturbed by human intrusion.  Thus trying to preserve a good hatch.

May 1st is because most of the hens are bred and the gobbling peak has passed, as for the half day pretty much been disproven as to disturbing hens on nests. I am for an all day spring hunt! but leave the opener alone.....

• Like 1

I think as it stands Pa is gonna run all day the 2nd half of the season? Not sure. I have never seen where it would pose a threat to the  population. I have always thought it would be a good idea. Or atleast til 2 or so. Had many birds working good around noon time. Welp gotta leave him and come back tomorrow.LOL!

• 6 years later...