Kaepernick

They were saying on the news that Tim Brown and Spike Lee were behind what he did. Funny, couple guys who made millions in the USA and now don't like how they are treated? It's a load of 'dung' to me. Bunch of nut cases looking for attention.

• Like 1

Some people, when given a lot of money, can be seriously dangerous.  If they use it to push a personal agenda, they don't care about the damage they do, as long as they get to their goal.  Often they have no idea how wrong they are about their agenda's outcome on the country.

• Like 1

I think its a misconception, How does Kaepernick or others like him have the right to protest against the USA? Thats what our men in service fought against, they fought for USA to fly our Flag not to take it down. Men gave their lives to stop to gives us freedom but not for us to use freedom to protest against the flag or USA.

Edited by Mossberg500Guy

18 minutes ago, Mossberg500Guy said:

I think its a misconception, How does Kaepernick or others like him have the right to protest against the USA? Thats what our men in service fought against, they fought for USA to fly our Flag not to take it down. Men gave their lives to stop communist leadership and to gives us freedom but not for us to use freedom to protest against the flag or USA.

Actually they swear to uphold the Constitution.....

Go back and read #1 on the Bill of Rights

The whole idea behind "freedom" is to say " Obama is a crappy president" and not get put up against a wall. Hows that working out for folks in say Turkey recently, or Syria?

Edited by Dinsdale

Forcing someone to honor something that they don't believe in is what dictators do, if America is indeed the "land of the free" that "freedom" means no one is forced to honor/respect anything that they do not believe in, that includes the flag , national anthem and what the government stands for.

Want to force someone to stand up for a piece of cloth then move to North Korea or China where the people there are forced to do so at gunpoint. Freedom means the freedom to sit out the national anthem if one wants to.     

27 minutes ago, Uptown Redneck said:

Forcing someone to honor something that they don't believe in is what dictators do, if America is indeed the "land of the free" that "freedom" means no one is forced to honor/respect anything that they do not believe in, that includes the flag , national anthem and what the government stands for.

Want to force someone to stand up for a piece of cloth then move to North Korea or China where the people there are forced to do so at gunpoint. Freedom means the freedom to sit out the national anthem if one wants to.     

Freedom of speech isn't without consequences though. You can certainly have the right to say what you wish but if those words adversely effect the image of, say, the company you work for, you can have consequences. If enough people get on the NFL becasue Kap doesn't portray the "image" of the sportsman that the public is buying then he could end up DTFR. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

41 minutes ago, Mossberg500Guy said:

Not supporting your President is not the issue thats called politics but if your going to disrespect USA you need to leave the country, i don't like what going in in the country either but i'm not going to protest the US flag.

Looks like example was missed completely.

I hardly ever read these political threads......skim a few now and again when something catches my eye.

I just read some of this one; I'll stop posting now.

I encourage all to read a book on the Constitution, it is really a remarkable piece of work.

Maybe in the deer stand this fall.

Edited by Dinsdale
removed snarky comment

31 minutes ago, Mossberg500Guy said:

Not supporting your President is not the issue thats called politics but if your going to disrespect USA you need to leave the country, i don't like what going in in the country either but i'm not going to protest the US flag.

Its not disrespect, its called protesting, and its one right. 

I understand that its the right to protest but Kaepernick is protesting the wrong thing, hes protesting racial injustice by protesting the flag at an NFL game? NFL is made up of over 50% of African American players, NFL is one of the least racist sports. He just crying cause he going to be benched and this is all for publicity, I mean what if Tim Tebow protested against the flag cause he felt discriminated against cause he prayed c'mon get outta here.

To quietly remain seated during our national anthem, where one is expected to stand and honor the flag and country, is one thing. It's what he said and did in the interviews following his 'protest' that are rewarding him with the much-deserved public dope-slap. He's an overpaid man-child, completely ignorant of the inherent value of being born a U.S. citizen. Maybe he'll grow up to be a U.S. senator some day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, philoshop said:

To quietly remain seated during our national anthem, where one is expected to stand and honor the flag and country, is one thing. It's what he said and did in the interviews following his 'protest' that are rewarding him with the much-deserved public dope-slap. He's an overpaid man-child, completely ignorant of the inherent value of being born a U.S. citizen. Maybe he'll grow up to be a U.S. senator some day.

P.O.S.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mossberg500Guy said:

Bingo! He just wants to be lazy and collect his millions on the bench and not give a dime to unfortunate.

you sure he doesn't give back to the community?  I know he is heavily involved with a camp that deals with children with heart disease