Another GREAT Trip With Pygmy!!

Lawdwaz

Yesterday morning I peeled out of here at 4:45 am for the agreed on meeting time of 7am with Dan.  We met at the cottage that his lovely sister & BIL rented for a 30 day stay in God's Country; The Shores of Keuka Lake.  

I pulled in around 6:58, maybe 6:59 and Dan was standing right there, amazed at my promptness!  After brief greetings we were on the water, a bit of a chop but no biggy for a couple 'Old Salts.  :)

We caught a few early then had a bit of a lull before we really cranked 'em in.  IIRC we fished until a little after 1:30; a full cooler and lots of fish sent back as we had enough of what we were targeting.  What I mean is, I didn't want anymore smallmouth unless they swallowed the hook or if we got smaller perch, rockies etc that weren't worth cleaning.

The final count was 22 perch, 5 smallmouth, 5-6 rock bass and one bluegill.  (I'm pretty sure on those numbers)  Dan did the filleting and I sliced out the rib cages and bagged 'em up.  We had one HELL of a meal of perch fillets tonight with at least 5 more meals left out of the days success.

The weather was perfect, just a strange wind that couldn't make up it's mind.  Dan kept the drift in check as best he could under the circumstances.  One cute gal sunbathing on a dock was probably thinking we were drifting back and forth on purpose but, honest 'injun, we couldn't control the damn boat.  Never did catch a fish for about 20 minutes at that point.......strange??

We headed back to the cottage to clean the feesh and rest up for the big ride back home.  Dan only had a little less than an hour and mine was about the same as the mornings; about 2:15 hours.  I was completely wiped out by the time I got home and cleaned up.........

Here's some pics:

A beauty of a smallmouth, close to 4lbs:

image_zpsu3ykgf43.jpeg

At one point Dan thought I swallowed his boat seat.  I assured him I didn't........:

image_zps46usbcxr.jpeg

Captain Dan:

image_zpsyeura8g4.jpeg

First Mate, yours truly:

image_zpsluv3iuwx.jpeg

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice haul of great looking perch . Looks like a fun time had been had  

couldn't control the drift by the sunbathing lassie .  Aka : someone pitched the anchor over the side. 

Oh, there was something "pitched" alright.  :rofl:

• Like 1

Looks like you two "old salts" did very well indeed! What a great day of good company and excellent fishing. Well worth the trip! Way to go guy's! 

Just wanted to add great pic's and I need to get one of those hats the captain was wearing! 

Edited by grampy

58 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My thoughts:

Lots of cute baby fish. Where are the big trout?

Where is the pic of the girl?

Larry -- Nice white tube socks; haven't seen those since '87

Dan -- I thought you were way older?

Looks like we have a real comedian here, what time do you go up on stage?

I'll answer the q's as I see 'em...

1) You can have the trout, pass the perch to me.

2) You'll have to use your imagination.

3) I have more of the tube socks....and yes, they could very be older than your punk ass. :)

4) Say what?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My thoughts:

Lots of cute baby fish. Where are the big trout?

Where is the pic of the girl?

Larry -- Nice white tube socks; haven't seen those since '87

Dan -- I thought you were way older?

hey, anyone can wear tube socks...but it takes a man who's comfortable with himself to pull them all the way up.

• Like 2