LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Sitting 60 yards from a cut cornfield. There's about 12 or so nice rubs within 30 yards of the stand. One on a 7" diameter tree. New one made within the last 2 days. Thinking the shooter that I saw last week, uses this spot as a staging area and checks does as they enter the cut cornfield. Hoping our paths will cross one of these days.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

VERY excited, neighbor just called me and said i could hunt behind my house on his 11 acres because he is sick of hitting deer with his car on our road. Its a small wooded area bordering a creek but the deer run this creek. 
I ran out and set up cameras. cant hunt till Sunday.

• Like 9

Yote hunting maybe?

It's possible, but I doubt it. As one long time resident down the mountain told me after I mentioned that I think there are poachers up here: "oh yeah, that's where everyone goes and gets a deer, whenever."

I've only seen one coyote up here during daylight in two years. Something is off...

Just heard another single shot.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

So phone died in stand final tally was 7 bucks and 2 does...managed to take a doe at 42 yards.. terrible shot but some was looking out for me died in 20 feet must have hit femoral...2 in rage Chinadermics did it again for me
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Congrats and...That's the third high hit this year right?

Bury the @&%% pin next time, you are a way better shot than that stone. 

PS my freezer is still void of venison and I'd be tickled with a not so perfect quick kill shot. Lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

So phone died in stand final tally was 7 bucks and 2 does...managed to take a doe at 42 yards.. terrible shot but some was looking out for me died in 20 feet must have hit femoral...2 in rage Chinadermics did it again for me

Luck has the day for ya...  Glad you were able to connect and put down a doe!

• Like 1

Congrats and...That's the third high hit this year right?
Bury the @&%% pin next time, you are a way better shot than that stone. 
PS my freezer is still void of venison and I'd be tickled with a not so perfect quick kill shot. Lol

Yea this one wasn't near as bad height wise but yanked it left hard...I'm telling ya I get deer fever bad. The bucks all had me shaking like a leaf and I'm tagged out with buck lol...I get so excited as soon as I see them. I'm slowly learning how to control it. But it's what makes me love it

• Like 4

My very first buck with the bow way back @23 years ago when I was 14 I hit in damn near the same spot. I did everything wrong but still came home with him and the memory of what I did wrong. Mine was shot while he was walking and I dropped my arm bad, it was an instant sick feeling followed by elation when he fell over 50 yards away. As my dad would call it "$hit house luck". 

• Like 3

Morning and afternoon hunt in 3s. Saw the same couple does and same 4pointer in the am. A couple does far away in the pm. No good bucks in this new spot. No sign of the rut. Congrats to our latest killers. I'm hoping to join the group soon. I really want to make a pot of venison chili.

Had my son with me in the tower for an hour and a half. We were so close to getting him a shot with the crossbow. It is so hard to get him in the right window and lined up when they were so close and jumpy. Aaaaaaaaaaa

Doe and button again same two that we couldn't connect on in youth.

He had a freehand shot but was not steady or comfortable. Every time he did get lined up was bad angle. Oy vey this is hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to the forum so bear with me. . Spent 7 days in the woods northern zone dawn til dark seeing tons of scrapes some really good rubs and not even a flag going in or out just plain nothing til this morning. Late start( kinda had to talk myself into it) 200 yards in a 6 point with his nose to the ground walks to 15 yards away from me looks right at me and can't be bothered keeps going through a little thicket I walk around it as he comes out maybe 40 yards away. I make a little baab noise with my mouth and he starts walking right at me! I raised my gun as he got to 10 yards aaaaand then I remembered I'm in the southern zone and I'm small game hunting with my gun loaded with #6 birdshot feels like I got punched in the you know what! Still awesome to see but come on I gotta catch a break soon. Good luck yall be safe out there!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 4