First kill with the crossbow

loworange88

Hey everyone.  So I drank the crossbow koolaid earlier this year.  I bought a Centerpoint Sniper 370.  So yesterday (11-6-2016) I was in a ladder stand watching the edge of some pines, there is a scrape at 20 yards in front of the stand.  At 7:30, a small spike came through and snuck through behind me, and made his way through with no shot opportunity.  Around 8:00 a HUGE 6 point came from in front of me on a trail that has a blind spot in the way of a big cherry tree.  So I didnt see him until he was 30 yards from me, facing me(Picture attached of the big 6)  He turned broadside and I stopped him and lined up the shot....POOF, right under him clean miss. *%^&#*#($%&*!!!!!!!  I was so mad at myself but I was glad it was a clean miss vs, a bad hit.

I got down and went to get my bolt, as I knew I had missed clean.  I returned to the stand and reloaded the crossbow.  30 minutes later, another (smaller) 6 point came in and tended the scrape at 20 yards. Once he turned broadside, I let him have it.  He ran about 40 yards, and I heard him crash.   So I was able to redeem myself.  Enjoy the pics.

Centerpoint Sniper 370

Piledriver bolts with Slicktrick Magnum 100 broadheads.

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4168.JPG

IMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4170.JPG

IMG_4171.JPG

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...