Longer gun season?

nodeerhere

47 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

Would those be the same pics you just put up on here awhile back on another thread? 130's were not seen?  As far as the park goes anyone who hunts there knows where the hunters in numbers will be and thats off the easy trails and next to the road. Just like most any other hunting land would be. Your apple statement and building tell anyone that hunts there your true credibility.

You have ran the gauntlet here on this thread by bad mouthing everything from city hunters to people that enjoy their sled's. Please put those pic's of all those 130's you took with the bow before you gave it up because it was to simple!   

Like I said I have posted those and many other pics when having to prove myself on here. You have seen them. Go look for them I am done posting pics to prove people wrong. If you think I am wrong about they apple in hand and where then you do not know the park the way you say you do. I have seen people there with their kids watching them. Plenty of people hunt the bottom off the trsils. If you actually go down where you elude that you do then you know you are by far not the only guy who goes there. But then again I have never seen you put any pics as prove as to where you hunt or any pics of deer that were more then scrub bucks. No none of those picks I posted in the thread you are talking about were killed with a bow also were not all mine. But point to fact one of those bucks is 148 and one is a 141.  

I made a point of saying not all city hunters or city people. I simply stated that any stories I hear or problems I have had were with city people. As for sleds they are toys and serve no purpose other then to make an adult feel like a little kid. They belong in the toy box with your GI Jane dolls.

Done arguing with you. Go look up the pics or not. They are there it's up to you. But I am sure you won't because you might just get proved wrong.

19 minutes ago, stubby68 said:

Like I said I have posted those and many other pics when having to prove myself on here. You have seen them. Go look for them I am done posting pics to prove people wrong. If you think I am wrong about they apple in hand and where then you do not know the park the way you say you do. I have seen people there with their kids watching them. Plenty of people hunt the bottom off the trsils. If you actually go down where you elude that you do then you know you are by far not the only guy who goes there. But then again I have never seen you put any pics as prove as to where you hunt or any pics of deer that were more then scrub bucks. No none of those picks I posted in the thread you are talking about were killed with a bow also were not all mine. But point to fact one of those bucks is 148 and one is a 141.  

I made a point of saying not all city hunters or city people. I simply stated that any stories I hear or problems I have had were with city people. As for sleds they are toys and serve no purpose other then to make an adult feel like a little kid. They belong in the toy box with your GI Jane dolls.

Done arguing with you. Go look up the pics or not. They are there it's up to you. But I am sure you won't because you might just get proved wrong.

Yeah we all know where the safety zone is on the park and it's been there for the 20 years I have been hunting there. Pretty simple. You put the same bucks up post after post which are not record bucks and by the looks of the pics shot in the 80's. but regardless of all that crap. You say you gave up bow hunting and have a problem with the seasons because it's easy? Let's give you the Benifit of saying you killed 2 better deer?  Out of how many years of hunting?  Let me guess. Your first two years of bow and you stacked up two and gave it up?? Yes if you are talking killing baby deer that my 15 year old kid could kill then your right it's pretty simple. Start hunting a real mature deer and let's see how simple. You will only find 3 bucks on this site that were ever put up over the years I have been here and every one a Ny state book buck. That's how simple it is to bow hunt real trophy Ny bucks!  It goes back to each their own but to listen to you blab on about this guy and this season and that snowmobile and on and on is a joke!

3 hours ago, Larry said:

This year if the ML season went 7 more days it would have closed on the 28th if bow went two more week it would have closed on Jan. 4th. How many guys would be out and what are the odds of coming across a buck with no antlers. It could happen but other states run there bow season later into Jan. and not just the southern state run there bow season into late January.

Did you still want an Oct 1st start date?  So we would be running these thing for a few months straight or did i miss a post?

18 hours ago, wdswtr said:

So just seeing a deer, any deer is an accomplishment in northern tier and you want more dmps there LMFAO. 

The area I hunt in the lower ADK's 5J, I see does all the time. Not always in bow range, but always in rifle range. 5J isn't part of the vast ADK park, so yeah, 1 DMP per person for that area would be nice. DMP for the areas around Johnstown, G'Ville, and even Caroga would be nice as well.

If you get up north of Moose River and hit areas like Ausable or Malone, there is a good amount of farm land, so there may be more diverse areas for food, and a higher deer population.

All apologies if you don't agree.

53 minutes ago, ....rob said:

The area I hunt in the lower ADK's 5J, I see does all the time. Not always in bow range, but always in rifle range. 5J isn't part of the vast ADK park, so yeah, 1 DMP per person for that area would be nice. DMP for the areas around Johnstown, G'Ville, and even Caroga would be nice as well.

If you get up north of Moose River and hit areas like Ausable or Malone, there is a good amount of farm land, so there may be more diverse areas for food, and a higher deer population.

All apologies if you don't agree.

Didnt say I agreed or not, was just funny you said seeing a deer is an accomplishment then asking for more doe permits in one sentence.  I mean most people would think not giving out doe permits would increase some population.  Just funny post is all.

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

I'd like to see the late muzzleloader done away with and make the first week of gun season muzzleloader only, followed by rifle until like December 8-10th, season closed. Full inclusion for crossbow through archery season.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of muzzle the first wk of gun but hate the cross gun idea

If you look at the dates I put down on page2. They are the dates that we have now. The only thing I added was 1 week to the ML season and 3 weeks to bow but 2 weeks to bow would be enough. I wouldn’t mind if bow was pushed back a week or 2 and the days added to the late season.

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

If you look at the dates I put down on page2. They are the dates that we have now. The only thing I added was 1 week to the ML season and 3 weeks to bow but 2 weeks to bow would be enough. I wouldn’t mind if bow was pushed back a week or 2 and the days added to the late season.

I myself think chasing these things around for 3 plus months is a bit much. I love the woods as much as the next guy but that is way to long to be chasing an animal that we are supposed to be caring for and managing. Keep bow the same, a couple weeks of muzzle then rifle for a couple and over. No need for any late seasons.

• Like 1

I like the idea of muzzle the first wk of gun but hate the cross gun idea

I myself am not for full inclusion, but if we could shorten our gun season in southern zone I'd be willing to see inclusion happen as a trade-off. I've always said the first week of gun should be muzzleloader, and the state would sell more muzzleloading stamps at the same time. It would give the deer a warning to rifle season if that makes sense.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For those who want a shorter season... you do realize you can always voluntarily not hunt the whole season... you don't need the DEC telling you how little to hunt. Seems like with all the support we have for that on this forum more of you would be cutting your seasons short for the cause. :toclue:

13 hours ago, ....rob said:

Do take has to be managed. Just the opposite of what you are saying should happen. There should be NO antlerless or either sex tags for the bow or ML. you get a buck tag (or two)  fill it in the season you want and ALL doe take should be in the lottery system. if an area is low on population then there aren't many but all hunters have the same shot at gettign one. if the area has a high population then issue more.  

On 12/22/2016 at 7:40 PM, wdswtr said:

Didnt say I agreed or not, was just funny you said seeing a deer is an accomplishment then asking for more doe permits in one sentence.  I mean most people would think not giving out doe permits would increase some population.  Just funny post is all.

Looking back I can see it was odd and funny to put it the way I did.

There are areas up north that deer are hard to come by, I get why those areas aren't allowed DMP's. There are other areas with more farmland that can generate a better herd. So allotting a few DMP's in those areas might help the non big buck hunters get some meat in the freezer without a bow or ML. Not everyone hunts with a bow or ML. Just my thoughts.

No matter what DEC does to the seasons, it will never make every hunter happy. Some will always whine and complain no matter what. Sorry, but that's how it is.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Leave the damn seasons alone! People aren't using the time they have available now. Nothing significant is going to be accomplished by lengthening or shortening any of them. Use the DMP system for managing the herd.

Which very well be the reason they change things around. They see less hunters in certain seasons so they add a season that they have hunters telling them they have interest in hunting?  After all they say only a certain number of hunters kill all the deer? They may as well put another tool in the hunters hand that does all the killing!  The guy that goes a time or two and may or may not kill a deer is not the guy they will cater to.  

Some of the guys that posted on this thread could have been Xerox Managers . I say that because when we had something that worked , some manager would want to "fix" it . Personally , I am fine with what we have now and don't see a need to change anything but ...... what suits my needs doesn't necessarily work for others . 

I like the lengthy Bow Season but don't support Full Inclusion of Crossbows ( even though I bought one this year ) .

We have something that works ..... Leave it alone . 

• Like 3

Archery season back to the 15 with full inclusion of xbow (until we figure out just how many more deer xbow inclusion takes) gun season remain the same extend late bow/muzzle season a week for areas that have the doe issues. Then hopefully after the xbow faze wears out put archer back to Oct 1

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2