First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

I stepped (waddled) it off at 82 yards but whatever............
Here's my closeup version and yes, I did drill it.
6n15L0L.jpg&key=c9b7423cf16b8474a94a30df7d1e3c530eb4e77831a5abb64e578f924ea250af

Now you don’t need a tree stand. Just lob it in from 50-70yds in a food plot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 8/1/2018 at 9:05 AM, Stay at home Nomad said:

I should add that only happens a time or two a year in practice. I don’t know much of the technical stuff or terms, I mean I first heard the term back tension a few years ago . I’ve been killing them with a bow for 30 years though .

Nice pics of the Buffalo guys .

different buzz words maybe but the same concepts have been around forever.  i have a archery competition trophy that's so big it can only sit on a floor but still think minute of deer is a real thing.

do you have the dial type site?  I have a 3 pin and my last pin is 40.  No way im hitting that thing.  

Ok this can’t go on, we were shooting that thing from 15 yards. I was shooting TFs bow that’s an inch too short for me. I was hammering my forearm with the string too lol, which actually doesn’t make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ok this can’t go on, we were shooting that thing from 15 yards. I was shooting TFs bow that’s an inch too short for me. I was hammering my forearm with the string too lol, which actually doesn’t make sense

I was waiting for the right time to ask if you switched sights ,LOL . I'm reading this and thinking "what the hell sight did he switch to for reaching out to 80+ yards."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

thought maybe you were - since most of the 3D shoots I go to have an 80 yard target at the end for bonus points.  lol  Yeah I never shoot at it.  Bonus points are free but arrows are not. 

Well that sounds more like the reality i know - lol 

• Like 1

i've shot in a summer league that basically went way over even IBO open distances. i had a fixed 4 pin sight (20,30,40, and 50 yards) for hunting and IBO. others had HHA or SpotHogg adjustable single pins.  had to get an HHA dial so i wasn't shooting minute of lungs/8 ring for elevation. an example the final target in the championship shootoff was a ram down a steep ridge at what must have been really close to 82 yards (no rangefinders allowed). that's what i shot it for.  i think out west they have a bow challenge that shoots longer range like that.

On 8/3/2018 at 7:30 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ugh Tacs , you let the cat out of the bag. Snitches get stitches 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Otto said:

Moog, I like that obstacle course....it’s like threading the needle in the woods!

Honestly it’s not that tight.  I don’t think about it unless my daughter challenges me to a spot she knows I am blocked out.  Shattered a few arrows that way.  Lol

Tonight was a thank you good night group for me.   7 of 8 including bareshaft in bullseye.  One an inch or so high.  That’s the indoor range or obstacle course as Culver called it.  
0FE7A2D2-18C6-4369-A0B9-8C8DA6270732.thumb.png.0b08ad98c4c92520edceaf9badb02abd.png
E9F1DF76-1AB5-45F4-AE52-99CCB7CF9B54.thumb.png.6cc9a6fcf90d9a78926f0b3f21dbc28a.png

Cool setup. How many yards can you get? Was that a former garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After being deflated last week at first attempt. Went to cabelas and bought a target. I know Lawdwaz spun my bow down from 60 to I thought 52. Drawing it was cake so I think someone snuck in our house and dropped it to 30. Shot about 40 arrows   Last few in target. Forgot all about peep sight and kisser button at first. Guess I was trying to shoot a compound instinctively lol. Still little nervous about hitting trigger on release and pulling my cheek off. Form needs to improve as some not flying real straight. Shot at 15 yards  pic is sideways 

5068B3FA-7E55-441C-B974-521ADE7C7F9C.jpeg

• Like 10