First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

31 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

After being deflated last week at first attempt. Went to cabelas and bought a target. I know Lawdwaz spun my bow down from 60 to I thought 52. Drawing it was cake so I think someone snuck in our house and dropped it to 30. Shot about 40 arrows   Last few in target. Forgot all about peep sight and kisser button at first. Guess I was trying to shoot a compound instinctively lol. Still little nervous about hitting trigger on release and pulling my cheek off. Form needs to improve as some not flying real straight. Shot at 15 yards  pic is sideways 

5068B3FA-7E55-441C-B974-521ADE7C7F9C.jpeg

For the second time shooting, ya did really good!!!  Pretty decent group too!!!  If continuing to hit a touch to the left, move your pin just a touch to the left.  Great that you can draw nice and easy.  

• Like 1

After being deflated last week at first attempt. Went to cabelas and bought a target. I know Lawdwaz spun my bow down from 60 to I thought 52. Drawing it was cake so I think someone snuck in our house and dropped it to 30. Shot about 40 arrows   Last few in target. Forgot all about peep sight and kisser button at first. Guess I was trying to shoot a compound instinctively lol. Still little nervous about hitting trigger on release and pulling my cheek off. Form needs to improve as some not flying real straight. Shot at 15 yards  pic is sideways 
5068B3FA-7E55-441C-B974-521ADE7C7F9C.thumb.jpeg.4c82dbee644803386d107c527bc13a8d.jpeg

The kisser is key for me. It’s going away from your mouth anyway, so it can’t hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and it is a huge difference in feel of the pounds of draw when it is lowered a bit.   and 52 is plenty to shoot a deer with . Need to be able to draw and hold it a little to sight in to shoot.  If its too much it just messes up accurracy.  And i bet a bit more practice and another class or two at the sodfather academy and youll be hitting the beer can too!     

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The kisser is key for me. It’s going away from your mouth anyway, so it can’t hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I give it tongue ?  :rolleyes:

Anyhow im happy after first attempt , actual first at flinging arrows though Have some time tomorrow and going for another date with my bow 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 4

Shot four arrows today. That's all my shoulder would let me shoot.

First one at 25 yards.20180812_150451.thumb.jpg.aa48ca8355ad131bad8401a0415c6300.jpgThree shot group at 30 yards. It ain't pretty, but I'll take it.20180812_154022.thumb.jpg.6159d3cd17a5c7a7f07d754829ad6078.jpgShot from my 18 year old Mathews MQ-32. Might just get "one more" deer with it!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

Shot four arrows today. That's all my shoulder would let me shoot.

First one at 25 yards.20180812_150451.thumb.jpg.aa48ca8355ad131bad8401a0415c6300.jpgThree shot group at 30 yards. It ain't pretty, but I'll take it.20180812_154022.thumb.jpg.6159d3cd17a5c7a7f07d754829ad6078.jpgShot from my 18 year old Mathews MQ-32. Might just get "one more" deer with it!

looks good to me grampy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Looking forward to seeing arrows in target pics.

Damn didn't even think of it tonight Rob.....I (we) were just excited to get there and it was barely sprinkling.  Listen to the weather monkeys on TV and you'd think they'd be loading the Ark up for the BIG deluge.  We got wet but certainly had enough time to fling a pile of arrows and even, incredibly hard to believe, lose a couple.  AGAIN!!

Not me this time though........

Next time hopefully we'll remember to snap some early pics.

• Like 4