First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

Thank you guys!  I now have a reason to go to Bass Pro! I NEED LUBE!
Got my arrow lube in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to easy sliding in and out of my arrow shaft.......
6cc5929a02da006b283bcf0a72beacb5.jpg
7d1b03ab44019187e6883e7af4f8707a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got my arrow lube in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to easy sliding in and out of my arrow shaft.......
6cc5929a02da006b283bcf0a72beacb5.jpg&key=8573c4619aeccffe51c7130abe3abdf8e0ac99b5d3b899b68f26f8cb1666dd0a
7d1b03ab44019187e6883e7af4f8707a.jpg&key=7c1b7e7469bb7ab6dff00c3b121b555244535aa0c505a2b5571df654b4017e5c

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can this lube be used for anything else.... asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Can this lube be used for anything else.... asking for a friend.

I’m not sure, still in research mode.  I will experiment and report back.  So you can tell your friend......

• Like 1

Picked up my bow yesterday- new cable and string and tuned up and it’s dialed in. Now to get my form as good as its.
Bow tech saw 2 glitches in my shooting procedure that he connects to target panic-I don’t cover my target with the pin when I aim(leave the pin below my spot) and I leave my finger behind the trigger until I am on the spot and ready to shoot and only THEN do I move my finger on the trigger.
He said both cause me to punch the trigger which after making slight adjustments seemed better already.
Adjustment 1: raise bow and draw back WHILE ON TARGET - in the past I started to draw pointing 45degrees to ground and would “float up” to the target. He noticed that when i did that I was waiting to punch the trigger when I floated high enough- not good.
Adjustment #2: draw on target and once the bow lets off put finger lightly on the trigger. That way when I am comfortable with my aim I don’t have to change my focus to moving my finger which then throws off my aim so I need to then re-dial in on the spot.

Good tips I look into working into my shooting process.

The time Dave spent with me is also why I take the 55 min drive to Flying Arrow in Carmel.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

Picked up my bow yesterday- new cable and string and tuned up and it’s dialed in. Now to get my form as good as its.
Bow tech saw 2 glitches in my shooting procedure that he connects to target panic-I don’t cover my target with the pin when I aim(leave the pin below my spot) and I leave my finger behind the trigger until I am on the spot and ready to shoot and only THEN do I move my finger on the trigger.
He said both cause me to punch the trigger which after making slight adjustments seemed better already.
Adjustment 1: raise bow and draw back WHILE ON TARGET - in the past I started to draw pointing 45degrees to ground and would “float up” to the target. He noticed that when i did that I was waiting to punch the trigger when I floated high enough- not good.
Adjustment #2: draw on target and once the bow lets off put finger lightly on the trigger. That way when I am comfortable with my aim I don’t have to change my focus to moving my finger which then throws off my aim so I need to then re-dial in on the spot.

Good tips I look into working into my shooting process.

The time Dave spent with me is also why I take the 55 min drive to Flying Arrow in Carmel.

drawing without pointing at 45 degrees down will help your shoulders.  mixing it up helps too. alternate coming down or up to the bullseye. you have to be floating on the bullseye to hit it.  moving your finger in front of the trigger or just changing the tension in your hand definitely will move your pin as you've figured out. with your finger on the trigger before you're actually executing the shot make sure you keep back tension.  if you "collapse" as they call it and have the string take off a little on ya with your finger on the trigger it's likely you'll let the arrow fly without being "dialed in".  i wish more guys dropped the ego and accepted help.  if olympic archers need coaches then we need to cut the shit and should be open to a little constructive criticism.  i wasn't there but i wouldn't doubt it was time well spent.

• Like 3

I’ve found the same thing just the other day . I found that my shoulders are best when the bow is high when I start the draw , unlike how I did it for 30 years .

It never mattered at all till I had Issues drawing , now every little bit helps, it’s just easier now if I draw with the bow high .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I’ve found the same thing just the other day . I found that my shoulders are best when the bow is high when I start the draw , unlike how I did it for 30 years .

It never mattered at all till I had Issues drawing , now every little bit helps, it’s just easier now if I draw with the bow high .

friend told me a story. late season with a monster of a buck in front of his buddy. he struggled in the cold to draw the bow lower. after several attempts the buck got some bad vibes and trotted outa there.  same conditions as they're talking and the buddy is drawing back level with ease and shooting. friend i guessed asked him why he didn't just draw back level when he had the buck in front of him and he just about puked on the spot from hindsight and disappointment. i wished i was there but the way he told it was still funny.

13 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

friend told me a story. late season with a monster of a buck in front of his buddy. he struggled in the cold to draw the bow lower. after several attempts the buck got some bad vibes and trotted outa there.  same conditions as they're talking and the buddy is drawing back level with ease and shooting. friend i guessed asked him why he didn't just draw back level when he had the buck in front of him and he just about puked on the spot from hindsight and disappointment. i wished i was there but the way he told it was still funny.

I cringe every time someone tells me they wait for the deer to get in front of them to draw . Sometimes they sneak in but I like to be waiting well in advance at full draw.

• Like 3

Seeing as how I am fairly new to bow hunting. A general open question , how long can you reasonably hold at full draw and get an accurate shot on target? 

It's actually something that I practice at home. I go to full draw and wait, I've never timed it out but It does not seem very long and my accuracy is off. Not a lot but its noticeable. I find that if I draw get on target and release my shots are for more accurate. 

• Like 1

926b0edfff1c6105014aed16b63472db.jpg
80797928d94a1cc45bfb8181dc3bdaae.jpg
82e00b13cabd8497e92153960e175408.jpg

At boys baseball tourney in DE- they have an archery range, pool, trampolines, playground and a ton of shit for family to do.
Pretty happy with these...especially since most of my shots in the woods are under 20

• Like 1

Seeing as how I am fairly new to bow hunting. A general open question , how long can you reasonably hold at full draw and get an accurate shot on target? 
It's actually something that I practice at home. I go to full draw and wait, I've never timed it out but It does not seem very long and my accuracy is off. Not a lot but its noticeable. I find that if I draw get on target and release my shots are for more accurate. 

What poundage/letoff are you shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've tried a couple ways to draw back. This guy draws high, with his elbow above the holding point, like he's moving around a clock (vid below).

I have experimented with it a little and either use that or else just pull straight back with bow about level the entire time.

Personally I think far too much is made about releasing the trigger. My view is that you should be on target and when it's time to fire use a minimal amount of muscle to move the trigger, so as not to go off target. For me that means simply moving my index finger. I tried all the talk about pulling back with your whole body and all that and it never made sense for me and didn't work anyway. I've only been hunting a few years, but my shooting is very consistent. For all intents and purposes I do not have fliers anymore.

Trigger control is crucial, and with a bow if you are not pulling the trigger straight back you will wander to the left or right. The concept here is applies. I've seen another video with Jerry (can't find it) in which he shows how good his trigger control is and despite pulling back fast, multiple times in a row, his gun barely moves at all.

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 3:47 PM, Moho81 said:

different studies have been done where they say aiming on target after 5 seconds will lead to everything getting worse in a hurry. mind and breathing can only commit for so long. drawing back and holding while waiting for it to come in is different person to person and pretty much fatigue related. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

3 min. Crap I’ve got to step my game up

I can only remember one time where I had to hold for an extended period and if I didn't draw early after calling the buck in, I probably could have waited and drawn later without such a long hold (he was staring in my direction for the buck that snort wheezed him).  Most times, less than 5 seconds from draw to shot.  You can work on holding but I wouldn't fret too much about it.

• Like 2