Knockoff Rage and Swackers

eagle rider

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just wont spend $45 on $3 worth of heads in a $9 package with $15 worth of "celebrity" endorsements behind it.

so don't??? at least buy another vendor then. the Chinese version is straight patent violation and supporting them is not helping companies that make hunting products. There are plenty of other good heads out there. 

• Like 2

I'd be wary of having to add anything to any broadhead to stop it from wiggling, especially a mechanical that we depend on opening.....I have little doubt they perform the same based on the reviews on here, but personally I'll stick with the real deal, it's a pretty small investment considering the amount of money spent on other gear and gadgets.

• Like 2

I was looking around on Amazon and couldn't believe all of the different knock off stuff that is out there now. I am shocked that the companies don't pursue legal action honestly.

Field logic (Rage) did pursue legal action, now any shipment coming from China marked with "Rage" will not be allowed into the country. Oh, except for the ones Field logic brings in from China. It won't stop them from selling, they just won't put the name brand on a package anymore.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm fine with paying a fair price for a broadhead but $40+/3 isn't fair to me. I'm sick of paying for a "celebrities" hunting license every year. $30 and less I can tolerate, like mentioned above, if you shoot one a year no big deal, but for those of us who kill 3-6 every fall it adds up quick. Hell even the replacement blades are $20+! That's absurd!

• Like 5

Ill continue to pay the top price for them, I only shoot but one or 2 deer a year with my bow at most. Even if i ruined  ahead per deer, I can swing it.  And so far out of 6 broadheads puchased, and after harvesting 4 deer, i still have all 6 heads with good furreles and tips are still perfect. 

• Like 1

My whole set up if purchased at retail would be well over $1500 dollars, between buying a used bow, cheap arrows from dicks that are there own special name and nap broadheads on rebate i come in around $550-$600. $5-$8 is perfectly reasonable to me for a bh. $15 is why the china sales are thriving and will continue to do so.

Edited by Hock3y24
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisw said:

I'm fine with paying a fair price for a broadhead but $40+/3 isn't fair to me. I'm sick of paying for a "celebrities" hunting license every year. $30 and less I can tolerate, like mentioned above, if you shoot one a year no big deal, but for those of us who kill 3-6 every fall it adds up quick. Hell even the replacement blades are $20+! That's absurd!

no real disagreement, but rage is just about as expensive as it gets. again i would urge hunters to switch brands before buying counterfeit crap that hurts the companies out there working for us (yes even if they pay celebrities). 

I understand the need to recover from the spending that was done on RnD but the real problem with that is that it seems that there's never is a desire to bring the price down after the investments have been returned.

My budget level pretty much necessitates that I buy a lot of China made products but it doesent mean I'm happy about it. I decided to go with the g5 montec because I want to try reusing my broadheads as much as I can; as i know someone who i trust to return them back to a better than factory sharpness.

I'd buy expandables made from the finest chinesium to screw around with this year and if they held up to my abuse maybe I'd concider them next year, or even maybe late season. But for now I'm interested in using the sort of blade setup that my dad used to feed my family before I was born.  (he switched to just gun later in his life). So i guess it's part legacy for me, and part wanting less parts involved.

no real disagreement, but rage is just about as expensive as it gets. again i would urge hunters to switch brands before buying counterfeit crap that hurts the companies out there working for us (yes even if they pay celebrities). 

It's not just Rage, it's difficult to find a good head for less than $35-40 now. What company is working for us??

yeah im a little leery of anything made in china go into the .99 cents store and get some razors and shave with them and tell me how good they are and use their shaving cream. and the screw drivers that twist at the blade ,allen keys that dont fit and pliers that fall apart i could go on and on and its not 99 cents any more. look at a sks and see how well made they are never mind shoot one.the chinese are not know for their quality control look @ the kids toys a few years back with the lead issue and other chemicals in the paints they use. and just my humble opinion. now about the rage[which i use] they had their quality issues too they open at the worst time and were hard to keep closed.you shoot it and the 'o' ring would break and had to replace it, i spent $22 on the replacement blade WOW what a waste of money it was impossible to get the pins out and when you did and put the pins back in they never opened right [it fixed the problem of them opening though]and to pay$40-$54 for three is insane.oh and look @ the yeti coolers $400 and you cant fit anything in them except ice

Some of you fellas are just all mixed up I kill deer in bow every year can't remember when I bought heads last, but I use cut on contact and just resharpen them . In 30 years I've bought two,bows the most expensive one was less then $500 . Many of you guys spend thousands on bows for some odd reason . But bitch at $15 heads ......

Add up the hours spent scouting , working on the land , hanging stands, sitting in them, I could make thousands of dollars working a side job in all that time , and dine on steak and lobster . Buy the real thing don't support crooks .

• Like 4

yeah im a little leery of anything made in china go into the .99 cents store and get some razors and shave with them and tell me how good they are and use their shaving cream. and the screw drivers that twist at the blade ,allen keys that dont fit and pliers that fall apart i could go on and on and its not 99 cents any more. look at a sks and see how well made they are never mind shoot one.the chinese are not know for their quality control look @ the kids toys a few years back with the lead issue and other chemicals in the paints they use. and just my humble opinion. now about the rage[which i use] they had their quality issues too they open at the worst time and were hard to keep closed.you shoot it and the 'o' ring would break and had to replace it, i spent $22 on the replacement blade WOW what a waste of money it was impossible to get the pins out and when you did and put the pins back in they never opened right [it fixed the problem of them opening though]and to pay$40-$54 for three is insane.oh and look @ the yeti coolers $400 and you cant fit anything in them except ice

Sorry to tell you but your Rage heads are also made in China.

Some of you fellas are just all mixed up I kill deer in bow every year can't remember when I bought heads last, but I use cut on contact and just resharpen them . In 30 years I've bought two,bows the most expensive one was less then $500 . Many of you guys spend thousands on bows for some odd reason . But bitch at $15 heads ......
Add up the hours spent scouting , working on the land , hanging stands, sitting in them, I could make thousands of dollars working a side job in all that time , and dine on steak and lobster . Buy the real thing don't support crooks .

Because a bow is a one time investment, buying $100 worth of broadheads every year isn't. I spend a thousand bucks on rifles and pistols too, and I wouldn't spend $15 on a bullet either, neither would you. I don't hunt because i "need" to, it's not about money, it's the principal that these companies are price gouging. How are these companies any different than the "crooks"?

• Like 1

no i know what isnt nowadays but american owned companies do have some sort of quality control the chinese do not and i said i had issues with the original rage too

So I'm supposed to pay 90% higher prices for a little better quality control? I hear what you're saying, I'm not arguing, just saying if these companies weren't so greedy some of us wouldn't have a reason to look to China for better prices. They do it to themselves, prices have increased dramatically in the last 5 years, in another 5 years will we be paying $75 for 3 heads?

• Like 1

I think the top of the line broadheads have always been expensive....I've always thought so, but I buy them anyway because they're arguably the most important part of your gear when it comes to killing a deer. I won't even resharpen or reuse any head that's passed through a deer, the thought that it could possibly be a little off always has me concerned.

All I know is that I'm happy that I don't bowhunt anymore.  Bows, arrows, broad heads, all this stuff is way overpriced in my opinion.  And so much of it will need fixing and replacing.  Buy a decent rifle and scope, and $20-40 on ammo per year and you will be set for a lifetime.

I guess, if you don't mind waiting six weeks and hunting pressured deer
  • Like 3

The point is that they aren't worth $15. I spend a small fortune on hunting equipment but those heads aren't any more effective than other heads that cost much less, they just decided to endorse just about every celebrity hunter in existence and pass that cost on to the consumer. On top of that they produce them in China
  • Like 1