Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Had a spike and a doe come in. She was bigger than him and walked right under me so I was sure it was a she. Turned broadside at 30 yards. She went 30 yards and fell over.
93f47450895c1883f1c42b13c6c54cd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal congrats! Nice doe.

• Like 1

Had a red  fix 6 yards  I front of ladder  doe and fawn where the,first doe snorted. They snorted the swampy area. Buck was 28 yards 

OK I'm snaking so cold..didn't dress for rain . Just poured winds are NE not NW nearly lost a boot on the,way in .think  oot got wet

1508159092105.jpg

1508159118516.jpg

1508159141220.jpg

• Like 4

Second pass of the day...

That a$$hole red squirrel was napping In his treehole 10 yards str8 ahead of me I drew and held it on him forever but $40 arrow & BH sticking there for the rest of my days hunting here would have annoyed me.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I hate mechanicals and won't shoot them, something is strange, either your bow is way out of tune or there is a can out of time "depending on brand of bow."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I had a chronograph to test its speed. It can group tightly (arrows fly consistently), it looks great on paper-tuning, and when I tried out a montec last week it was right on with the field point out to 50. It's possible the arrow pulled out a bit as it ran, but it did not make it to the lungs in either case, so it can't have pulled out much.

On the buck the blades appeared to open between the ribs, sneaking in between, and then they stopped on the other side of the rib cage cutting a bit but failing to poke through at all.

17 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Core, how was the penetration on the buck? And congrats on a double

Typical. Went through one side and hung up unable to get through the ribs on the other.

I'd like to get a chronograph for this bow now. I know it's at 60 because I tested it myself with weights last year. I don't have reason to doubt the bow other than the fact penetration is bad. Maybe something is off with it and there is a ton of energy not making it to the arrows.

Edited by Core

10 minutes ago, Core said:

I wish I had a chronograph to test its speed. It can group tightly (arrows fly consistently), it looks great on paper-tuning, and when I tried out a montec last week it was right on with the field point was hitting out to at least the 40 yards I tried. It's possible the arrow pulled out a bit as it ran, but it did not make it to the lungs in either case.

On the buck the blades appeared to open between the ribs, sneaking in and then they stopped on the other side of the rib cage cutting a bit but failing to poke through at all.

My buddy shot a 160+ lb 9 pointer the other evening.  He shoots the 2" Rage out of a new Hoyt.  70+lb draw. 30" arrow.  28 yard shot broadside.  Buck jumped the string a little and spun away.  Arrow went in at 2nd to last rib and diagonal through one lung.  Huge entry.  No exit.  May have clipped opposite shoulder.  Buck went 150 yards.  Blood trail was weak for 150 yds until arrow pulled out.  Deer was dead in a few seconds, but was difficult to track and find in tall raspberry bushes.  My buddy is very conscientious, and wasn't pleased with the lack of a pass through.  He had shot Rage 3 blade in the past and always got pass thrus.  I imagine he will be switching broadheads.

Edited by stubborn1VT
typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rachunter said:

Now this is more like it 40 degrees little bit of wind. Still wet from last night. Gotta take care of business then I'm heading in. 

IMG_0299.JPG

Sitting out this morning because of wind & rain. Maybe this afternoon after some scouting.

By The way did wooly make that??