Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Long drive home, sorry for the delay. She went 100 yards on the number, great blood trail with the steep entry/exit. Feels good to have one hanging in 2017. I cant fix the sideways, google photos is being a PITA
IMG_8547.thumb.JPG.3357a780fd3640c7ebcf45bd151ac253.JPG
Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just Passed up 3pt at 7 Yards. He was under 20yds for 10 full minutes and was sniffing my pee in the mock scrape. I’m on ground and took cool video. Guess my scent control is on point. Idk
How to upload video so here’s a snapshot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just Passed up 3pt at 7 Yards. He was under 20yds for 10 full minutes and was sniffing my pee in the mock scrape. I’m on ground and took cool video. Guess my scent control is on point. Idk
How to upload video so here’s a snapshot

51 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Long drive home, sorry for the delay. She went 100 yards on the number, great blood trail with the steep entry/exit. Feels good to have one hanging in 2017. I cant fix the sideways, google photos is being a PITA

IMG_8547.JPG

Nice work 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter716 said:

So just a little updated. Nothing yet. But I did take a few steps in on the property line just bc it's pretty open woods and I just wanted to glass the woods to see if he was laying right at the edge somewhere....But I did see a deer get up and start walking away about 50yds in. I backed out right away. No idea if it was my deer or not, couldn't tell. But obviously it's not good that he's not dead yet. But isn't it kind of a good sign that he bedded so close (if that was him) from where the shot was taken. Idk maybe I'm just trying to take the "glass half full" approach... I think I might just call it a day, and come back down in the am. Hopefully deer search will call tonight and we can make plans for tomorrow.. Idk what else to do for today.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The temps are good overnight if he dies and that is better that he's alive now if you are taking the AM approach.

If it's liver hit and you have a lot of yotes they may find him first.  But you are correct without permission there is not much left to do.

Good effort and good luck

Edited by OtiscoPaul

He don't look too scared of your Mathews'

No makeup no facemask either. He jumped a few times but stayed in range for a while. Need his Dad to come thru

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No makeup no facemask either. He jumped a few times but stayed in range for a while. Need his Dad to come thru

You're getting some action hopefully in the next couple mins!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

Not at all just try to be quiet going in. Last Saturday I didn't make it in until 5:00pm and had my best sit of the year. 
It was a short walk made it by 4:45. Here's hoping something comes out, I've about forgotten what deer look like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

IMG_8547.JPG

Congrats on getting your deer .  See how this works .

Pastor.JPG

• Like 2

Worst hunting attempt ever total fail. So I woke up this morning with a sore throats and stuffed up nose. Mind you my 3 month old has been sick for a few days. Got my dr to call me in a scrip for a z pack got some halls and told the wife we were headed to camp
Any way. She was not happy about it as we are doing a small renovation there and the house is a little dusty. Any way we go and about 3/4 of the way there she realizes she left the bag with all the babies stuff at home. Now she's pissed and doesn't want to stay the night. I agree and say let me hunt the pm sit and we will leave tonight and go home. Fast forward a few hours a get everything I need take one of my climbers load it on my atv and take the street to the top of my place found a great funnel I want to hunt. Walk in get climber set up realize I left the tree strap to my safety harness back at the house... I contemplated going back to get it and in my mind make the poor decision to climb the tree without it. I step up on the climber plactform stick my hand in my pocket and notice my atv key is gone. Spend over an hour searching the forest floor, finally find it. Sad screw it. Went to the house and drove home

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Worst hunting attempt ever total fail. So I woke up this morning with a sore throats and stuffed up nose. Mind you my 3 month old has been sick for a few days. Got my dr to call me in a scrip for a z pack got some halls and told the wife we were headed to camp
Any way. She was not happy about it as we are doing a small renovation there and the house is a little dusty. Any way we go and about 3/4 of the way there she realizes she left the bag with all the babies stuff at home. Now she's pissed and doesn't want to stay the night. I agree and say let me hunt the pm sit and we will leave tonight and go home. Fast forward a few hours a get everything I need take one of my climbers load it on my atv and take the street to the top of my place found a great funnel I want to hunt. Walk in get climber set up realize I left the tree strap to my safety harness back at the house... I contemplated going back to get it and in my mind make the poor decision to climb the tree without it. I step up on the climber plactform stick my hand in my pocket and notice my atv key is gone. Spend over an hour searching the forest floor, finally find it. Sad screw it. Went to the house and drove home

I hope you have better luck next time out that sounded real rough.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk