Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well just got a call from the sitter that the boys sick. I had time for a quick picture.big male, by far the biggest I’ve ever shot.id bet 35-40 lbs. browning ab3 243 for reference. He was about 50 yards behind a yearling, she’s safe today.

9089E8C5-4F33-4B4F-88CF-2D8E315D2DD8.jpeg

• Like 19

I have no idea how old Cynthia, I'm not to good at a guess but maybe one guys here could take a peep at it....anybody have idea how old?
I'd guess at 2.5 but there's potential for 3.5. The only REAL way is to see the teeth. Kinda like guessing weight without a scale.....too soon ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, greg54 said:

My friend sent me these pics of buck he got at the Alabama Swamps 8g, said he finally broke the 2017 curse not seeing anything. I haven't been out in over a week, i'm having problems with lower back and it hurts. Have had 5 back surgeries and last 2 were fusions. Looks like my season done. At least my friend scored, he put the time in.

IMG951730.jpg

IMG951731.jpg

Nice, I have a friend who hunts there. 

Hope you feel better Greg, back injuries are no picnic. 

ł'm hoping to get back out Saturday, it's may be my last day if ł can't get Sunday off too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Not to mention he says he shot it in the neck so it means once again he took a marginal shot on a deer, exit in the ass means a front facing shot. Sounds like jesus loves him but everyone else thinks he’s an a hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in the neck while moving. he "led" her.

12 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Some of you guy's with scales should consider checking the chest girth with a tape measure so we can develop our own NY state weight table.   A problem I have with the PA table is that it does not say if the chest girth should be measured before or after field dressing.   Both of my girth measurements were after field dressing so the deer may have actually weighed even more.

p.s, Thanks for bringing Him up again Chef, and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.   

from this i gather you didn't read the link i posted about chest girth and why it's retarded to use. I guess I'm an idiot engineer who relies on science and tools like scales. 

Who else feels on safe hunting in thick fog like this when you know there are other hunters  around you and you don't know exactly where there at ?

I think I'm going  to get a coffee and hope this fog lifts  when I go back in 

Edited by Storm914

39 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Who else feels on safe hunting in thick fog like this when you know there are other hunters  around you and you don't know exactly where there at ?

I think I'm going  to get a coffee and hope this fog lifts  when I go back in 

I feel like after looking at that picture that there are certainly troll like creatures lurking in the shadows or those trees from lord of the rings on that path ready to grab me up. I would turn back around and go back to bed :) 

• Like 1

My neighbor asked permission to check our property yesterday,he shot at a big buck Saturday and couldn't catch up to him. He said a lot of blood and some bone fragments at hit site. He jumped him twice but had no shot. 

He didn't find anything yesterday...might be a dead unrecovered deer,not great.

That is why no one should take a marginal shot even if the antlers are big.

I feel bad for the deer. 

By the way,that buck was chasing does at 1 p.m.

My neighbor asked permission to check our property yesterday,he shot at a big buck Saturday and couldn't catch up to him. He said a lot of blood and some bone fragments at hit site. He jumped him twice but had no shot. 
He didn't find anything yesterday...might be a dead unrecovered deer,not great.
That is why no one should take a marginal shot even if the antlers are big.
I feel bad for the deer. 
By the way,that buck was chasing does at 1 p.m.

I shot my biggest buck on Dec 5th 2009 while he was chasing a group of 5 doe. I've seen plenty of chasing all the way to the end of rifle season to get me excited about hunting the late season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Anyone know what this might be? I found it in the creek yesterday. Its not metal and it doesnt feel like stone either, almost sounds like its clay when I tap it. Size of a hockey puck. Maybe a brake disc of some sort? Or a bushing?

Odd disc.JPG

100 % guess but maybe an old weight for a scale?

• Like 1