Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Live from my kitchen and wondering why is it that 1C/Suffolk has the longest Deer season?Is it because everyone has pushed the deer from uptsate to the Island or is there more deer per area.I think we all should do 1 more super push/drive and drive the deer back up state

Live from my kitchen and wondering why is it that 1C/Suffolk has the longest Deer season?Is it because everyone has pushed the deer from uptsate to the Island or is there more deer per area.I think we all should do 1 more super push/drive and drive the deer back up state

CT, PA, etc all have Jan seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I had 30+ sits this year actually. Most ever.

Just messin'' with ya Biz.  30 sit is a pretty good pile of sits.  I'm impressed you gave the vertical bow a shot.  I absolutely love bow season, at least when it's not 70 degrees.  

By the way, do you use the Xbow or Weatherby on parrots?

I had 30+ sits this year actually. Most ever.

Sat in the car, drove to spot, sat on log, got up, sat on rock, moved and sat in blind, slow walk then sat on a stump and ate lunch, got up and walked around, found another nice log and sat, got bored and sat in car, got out and sat on trunk, walked back in woods and sat Indian style, got cramped and sat in an old wooden stand, saw a deer and stalked it, bumped it then decided to sit in a pile of leaves, found a tick sitting on your arm and got nervous, moved back to blind and sat for a couple hours, on walk out got tired and sat back on the big rock for a bit... Got back in the car and drove home..... Did that twice... For a total of 30 sits.

Sorry biz, I had to !

I get a little loopy once season is over !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just messin'' with ya Biz.  30 sit is a pretty good pile of sits.  I'm impressed you gave the vertical bow a shot.  I absolutely love bow season, at least when it's not 70 degrees.  
By the way, do you use the Xbow or Weatherby on parrots?

Crossman air rifle. Co2

Sat in the car, drove to spot, sat on log, got up, sat on rock, moved and sat in blind, slow walk then sat on a stump and ate lunch, got up and walked around, found another nice log and sat, got bored and sat in car, got out and sat on trunk, walked back in woods and sat Indian style, got cramped and sat in an old wooden stand, saw a deer and stalked it, bumped it then decided to sit in a pile of leaves, found a tick sitting on your arm and got nervous, moved back to blind and sat for a couple hours, on walk out got tired and sat back on the big rock for a bit... Got back in the car and drove home..... Did that twice... For a total of 30 sits.

Sorry biz, I had to !

I get a little loopy once season is over !

I hear ya. But in all seriousness, here’s my 34 sits over 24 days.

97d6d52c5453a5d38c7059bbb60ab487.jpg

• Like 4

I hear ya. But in all seriousness, here’s my 34 sits over 24 days.

97d6d52c5453a5d38c7059bbb60ab487.jpg&key=c0fe8b22cc603047547cbbfabf6e752b9884141bb242806c5768cc48d8e60741

I instantly regret not writing every hunt down.... My dad does a journal but it's an off and on thing. I'd love to pass that on to future generations. Dad's/papas/great gramps hunting log. Good stuff

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dom said:

I know just a question as to why the island has longer season than upstate/NY

It's because a good portion of the island probably has the highest deer densities in the state. It is also a highly populated area as far as people. For a long time with a 500' setback, that equated to many sanctuaries where deer could not be hunted legally. We also have a very limited gun season in January that you need all kinds of permits for. For years we have had a deer population that has continued to grow. It has grown so much that there are now deer as far west as Nassau county all the way to the queens border. We still can't hunt in Nassau county, so the population will continue to grow. DEC needs to bring back the earn a buck tags where if you shoot a doe, you could earn a buck tag. Better yet make it that you have to shoot 2 does. That's the only hope in trying to keep the population in check. 

• Like 1

Surprisingly a good Amount of parking spots taken today. Guess I'm not the only that has a holiday today. 

Bumped one on the way in. Still amazed how close they stay to the main trails sometimes. 

Trying to circle back behind it. 

Hoping to be in a tree by 2:00 in 3S-trying a different parcel of management property today(muscoot for you local 3s hunters).

Good luck! I had to take pre wedding photos at Lasdon Park once for my buddies wedding and I was looking for deer lol

11 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I was close to the antler and wanted the back ground in it. Took it with my phone so I was suprised I got such a detailed pic.

Was that close to home?  Nice Pic!

Edited by grampy