New NJ State Record

eagle rider

• 2 weeks later...

some with age still don't get that big.  seems like they'd have lots of dumpster scraps.  nobody's running off a feeding bear so, it's all you can eat.  i know a bear that was relocated multiple times and came back to this area of albany.  has to be a reason that offsets stress of human presence.

That record will stand for a long time as the new Governor elect, A big supporter of PETA, has said he's going to impose a moratorium on any future bear seasons in favor of "non lethal" methods. NJ sportsmen are F'd, back to the old days.
I'm just a stupid redneck that went to public school.

How do you harvest something, kill it, with out using something lethal?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ANTLERS said:

That record will stand for a long time as the new Governor elect, A big supporter of PETA, has said he's going to impose a moratorium on any future bear seasons in favor of "non lethal" methods. NJ sportsmen are F'd, back to the old days.

NJ makes NY look like the wild west. They are just the worst in that state politically. 

What do you even do with that bear? I've heard the meat kind of sucks on bears.

36 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

My question is how did they get him to and into the truck.  I know my hunting buddies would laugh at me if I asked them to drag or pick up 1/2 of that bear.

I thought the same. That makes for quite a drag.

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Core said:

NJ makes NY look like the wild west. They are just the worst in that state politically. 

What do you even do with that bear? I've heard the meat kind of sucks on bears.

I thought the same. That makes for quite a drag.

I disagree. I've taken 4 bears in Sullivan County, were finishing up the meat on the bear I got last year, the last 2 bear stews have been awesome, after 20 yrs, my wife has gotten it down pat. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 3:41 PM, ANTLERS said:

Non leathal will not work and That could be good long term for hunters what will happen is the population Will blow up pretty fast and some  jogger will get eaten by one of these  bears once they figure out they don't have to fear man anymore and they will be forced to open the season again . Thats the story with these things .

NJ's new Gov is a total idiot.  ALL the citizens of NJ are now F'd, not just the sportsmen.

BTW, a man was already killed by a bear in NJ a couple of years ago.  It was in a forest area that doesn't allow hunting.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

Those dump eating bears get huge weight wise. I’m more curious on the skull size? I always forget is it east coast or west coast black bear that have huge skulls but small weights? I’m thinking western Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunterton County NJ is a very rural agricultural area with lots of food for bear to eat.  Most of the NJ bear in that area swam the river from PA and found NJ to their liking.  There are very few dump locations for bear to frequent in that part of NJ.  The bear meat I've had from those bear is good, since they mostly eat crops.  They do have some really big black bear in northwestern NJ.

Edited by Rattler